5442T-ASE Fail to start camera.

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,
i have some problems with my camera, if i try to connect through the browser i see a message error : "Fail to start camera. Fix it by ConfigTool".

When i open ConfigTool i can't see the version of the firmware it is 0.0000 or something with 0, i tried to factory reset to default, but it say "failed". It accept only the password but i can't do any other operations.

Is it broken?

Thank you :)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep. Open the compartment where the SD card goes and it is next to it.

Best to hold it in for like 30 seconds to make sure it resets. And make sure it is powered up.

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yep. Open the compartment where the SD card goes and it is next to it.

Best to hold it in for like 30 seconds to make sure it resets. And make sure it is powered up.
Thank you so much :)

Do you also know where i can find the latest firmware? I have installed a General firmware the last time but it is from year 2020...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you bought from Andy it is here, but we strongly advise if the camera is working not to update it! Read the thread on issues folks have had.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
don't worry about the firmware just yet. get it working...then don't break it with a firmware upgrade :banghead:

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you bought from Andy it is here, but we strongly advise if the camera is working not to update it! Read the thread on issues folks have had.

Yes i bought it from him. So my firmware is "good" at that version, i thought would improve security of the firmware :) but anyway i will not upgrade it, thank you.
Just last question, is it possible to install also dahua firmware or General only?

don't worry about the firmware just yet. get it working...then don't break it with a firmware upgrade :banghead:
thank you too :) maybe with the next upgrade will be more stable.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes you can install Dahua firmware, but usually Andy's firmware is the best.

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hello again, and merry xmas :)
i pressed the button to reset the camera, but now i can't see it on my network with config tool. I have to connect it directly to the router to see it or it could be just connected to the network as usual?

thank you :)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When you reset the camera, it goes back to the default address.

Here is how most of us setup the camera initially:

To save you some time, the cameras come with an IP address of 192.168.1.108

Most of us don't use the config tool because it seems to cause more problems than it is worth.

Here is how most of us get the cameras to the IP address of our system:

The default IP address of the camera is 192.168.1.108, which may or may not be the IP address range of your system.

Unhook a computer or laptop from the internet and go into ethernet settings and using the IPv4 settings manually change the IP address to 192.168.1.100

1672063957334.png

Then power up your camera and wait a few minutes.

Then go to INTERNET EXPLORER (needs to be Explorer and not Edge or Chrome with IE tab) and type in 192.168.1.108 (default IP address of Dahua cameras) and you will then access the camera.

Tell it your country and give it a user and password.

Then go to the camera Network settings and change the camera IP address to the range of your system and hit save.

You will then lose the camera connection.

Then reverse the process to put your computer back on your network IP address range.

Next open up INTERNET EXPLORER and type in the new IP address that you just gave the camera to access it.

OR use the IPconfig Tool, but most of us prefer the above as it is one less program needed and one less chance for the cameras to phone home or for something to get screwed up.

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When you reset the camera, it goes back to the default address.

Here is how most of us setup the camera initially:

To save you some time, the cameras come with an IP address of 192.168.1.108

Most of us don't use the config tool because it seems to cause more problems than it is worth.

Here is how most of us get the cameras to the IP address of our system:

The default IP address of the camera is 192.168.1.108, which may or may not be the IP address range of your system.

Unhook a computer or laptop from the internet and go into ethernet settings and using the IPv4 settings manually change the IP address to 192.168.1.100

View attachment 149208

Then power up your camera and wait a few minutes.

Then go to INTERNET EXPLORER (needs to be Explorer and not Edge or Chrome with IE tab) and type in 192.168.1.108 (default IP address of Dahua cameras) and you will then access the camera.

Tell it your country and give it a user and password.

Then go to the camera Network settings and change the camera IP address to the range of your system and hit save.

You will then lose the camera connection.

Then reverse the process to put your computer back on your network IP address range.

Next open up INTERNET EXPLORER and type in the new IP address that you just gave the camera to access it.

OR use the IPconfig Tool, but most of us prefer the above as it is one less program needed and one less chance for the cameras to phone home or for something to get screwed up.
Thank you for your answer and patience.
I always have my PC with a static IP, but anyway i checked the IP.
I usually don't use ipconfig tool, but i wasn't able to look up for the ip camera after the reset, so i have decided to use it but just to see the IP.
I just tried to change IP, to restart the CAM the router and nothing, i can't see the cam... I think i will take the camera and connect it directly to the router just to see what happen.

Thank you :)

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@wittaj hi :) is this link part of the cam? it is the only IP that i can see when i connect the camera, but i can't connect to that IP through palemoon Browser (i don't have internet explorer anymore with Windows 11)

EDIT : I tried to reset again the camera without the ethernet cable connected and now i can see the camera UP with the correct IP address 192.168.1.108 Thank you so much :)

Last edited: