5442TM-AS Day Image Quality Issues

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just purchased this same camera from @EMPIRETECANDY Amazon store and am having the same daytime image quality issues as you reported. Did you ever settle on specific image settings? I'm not having focus issues, just image quality issues - looks way over saturated / over-exposed out of the box with the default settings. I've purchased a half dozen cams from Andy and have never had problems before.
Common issues with camera image | IP Cam Talk
Leaving a camera on auto/default settings is almost always not the best option.
All cameras/locations can stand with some fine tuning.

thor87

n3wb
Reaction score
Can post some pics and setting for further checking? Or just send me email for further talking or warranty.
Will do. I seem to have mostly corrected the image to a more acceptable quality by changing the white balance to "Regional Custom". All other settings (Auto, Outdoor, etc) did not produce a very good result (too yellow).

sneakynuts

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have just installed my 54442TM-AS and would like to get the groups opinion.
I have changed some settings to get a nice picture, but, to me, the left side if OOF. The right hand side looks nice and sharp!
Is it just me or my monitor?
20201127_191506.png
I can post my settings if you like??

And just for comparison, this is from my other 5442TM-AS
This one (to me) looks alot sharper across the whole image!!
20201127_195804.png

Cheers

Last edited:

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
I have just installed my 54442TM-AS and would like to get the groups opinion.
I have changed some settings to get a nice picture, but, to me, the left side if OOF. The right hand side looks nice and sharp!
Is it just me or my monitor?
View attachment 75748
I can post my settings if you like??

And just for comparison, this is from my other 5442TM-AS
This one (to me) looks alot sharper across the whole image!!
View attachment 75749

Cheers
Your new camera is defiantly OOF ( Out Of Focus ) left side and needs to returned to the seller for either a replacement or a full refund no questions asked.
This is a manufactures problem and seeing this a lot now with Dahua Camera's even on this forum same problems as other members have had and they need to get their quality control sorted as this is not acceptable.

sneakynuts

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Your new camera is defiantly OOF ( Out Of Focus ) left side and needs to returned to the seller for either a replacement or a full refund no questions asked.
This is a manufactures problem and seeing this a lot now with Dahua Camera's even on this forum same problems as other members have had and they need to get their quality control sorted as this is not acceptable.
So its not my eyes or monitor!!.......Thanks for confirming....
Was driving me mad all day trying to fix it

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
It will be the lens not sitting flush on the Sony Sensor, more common in cheap Chinese camera's especially dashcams. You wouldn't expect this from a large company like Dahua and in my eyes they have been going on that slippery road for to long now and I have been looking at other well known Brands myself.