6 , IP Cam in one place & NVR is in another place. How can I connect this all

Tony Ry

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi , I want to connect 6 pieces IP cameras through internet to an NVR. Where Camera is placed in one location and NVR is in another location, how can make it happen..

Note : Cabling is not possible.

Attachments

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The down side to running cameras over the internet continuously is the amount of bandwidth used. If your internet provider has limits you will have usage problems.

With the correct routers and configuration you can set up a point to point VPN.

If the two sites are with in line of site, look at look for posts on Ubiquiti nano station. there are a number of long distance radio/wireless network
solutions (not really wifi).

Tony Ry

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello ,,.......the two sites are not in line of site , But But I have two real IP in both site.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello ,,.......the two sites are not in line of site , But But I have two real IP in both site.
It is a good starting point having 2 real IPs, never knew there were fake IPs on the internet ;-)

What are your options:
1) install the "real" NVR onsite, next to each camera, let it record the main streams and substreams
2) install a "dummy" NVR next to your monitor, and let it connect to the substreams of each camera to reduce bandwidth usage
3) in case you need footage, you can either download it from NVR#1, or go onsite next to NVR#1.

Just my 2c.

In any case: use a VPN with a huge compression rate to reduce bandwidth at all cost ;-)

Good luck!
CC

Tony Ry

n3wb
Reaction score
It is a good starting point having 2 real IPs, never knew there were fake IPs on the internet ;-)

What are your options:
1) install the "real" NVR onsite, next to each camera, let it record the main streams and substreams
2) install a "dummy" NVR next to your monitor, and let it connect to the substreams of each camera to reduce bandwidth usage
3) in case you need footage, you can either download it from NVR#1, or go onsite next to NVR#1.

Just my 2c.

In any case: use a VPN with a huge compression rate to reduce bandwidth at all cost ;-)

Good luck!
CC

Actually I dont have any PC in the monitor , I only have an NVR device in the other side .

Attachments

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Actually I dont have any PC in the monitor , I only have an NVR device in the other side .
Affirmative, but if you want to work with an NVR, can't you install an NVR (with hard drives) in location 1, next to the cameras for "high resolution" recording and a "dummy" NVR in location 2 for "low resolution" monitor playback. If you need a high resolution stream playback/recording, you can always fetch it from location 1's NVR. Hence you don't need any pc in the monitor.

Just my 2c.
CC

Tony Ry

n3wb
Reaction score
Affirmative, but if you want to work with an NVR, can't you install an NVR (with hard drives) in location 1, next to the cameras for "high resolution" recording and a "dummy" NVR in location 2 for "low resolution" monitor playback. If you need a high resolution stream playback/recording, you can always fetch it from location 1's NVR. Hence you don't need any pc in the monitor.

Just my 2c.
CC
That means you asking to Use two NVR s Fro This solution ...., Its Ok , But I need to record all video in Second Location , For Security Purpose . Then What Should I Do.