I have a BI setup on a dedicated machine:

Bi version is the latest
AMD FX-8350 8core
16GB RAM 1866MHz DDR3
BI DB and new folder are on SSD
OS is on separate SSD
BI moves video files to mechanical HD when SSD is full
4x Amcrest 1080p 30FPS cameras

Every minute on every camera, each camera drops 6 seconds of video. This happens on every camera, but not at the same time. It is incredibly annoying. I have checked and tested a number of settings I found on this forum, but they always lost 6 seconds of video every minute, no matter the change. The cameras are set for continuous recording. The CPU is big and storage is cheap. ;) All the cameras are set for direct to disc recording.

I have tried changing the IFrame to 30. Default is 60. Since it's set to continuous record, I don't see how motion detection would cause it, but it is on so I still have a list of alerts to check. The encode mode on the cameras are set to H.264H. I tried H0264 but nothing changed. CPU runs at about 20% all the time. I have watched the feeds directly from the cameras and do not see the same behavior. The timestamp is set from the camera, so I can verify that the direct feed is not missing the 6 seconds. I believe is has to be in the BI software itself. I tried hardware encoding with no change, although I don't know if that changes anything with an AMD CPU. I am recording in the BI DVR format.

Any ideas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a BI setup on a dedicated machine:

Bi version is the latest
AMD FX-8350 8core
16GB RAM 1866MHz DDR3
BI DB and new folder are on SSD
OS is on separate SSD
BI moves video files to mechanical HD when SSD is full
4x Amcrest 1080p 30FPS cameras

Every minute on every camera, each camera drops 6 seconds of video. This happens on every camera, but not at the same time. It is incredibly annoying. I have checked and tested a number of settings I found on this forum, but they always lost 6 seconds of video every minute, no matter the change. The cameras are set for continuous recording. The CPU is big and storage is cheap. ;) All the cameras are set for direct to disc recording.

I have tried changing the IFrame to 30. Default is 60. Since it's set to continuous record, I don't see how motion detection would cause it, but it is on so I still have a list of alerts to check. The encode mode on the cameras are set to H.264H. I tried H0264 but nothing changed. CPU runs at about 20% all the time. I have watched the feeds directly from the cameras and do not see the same behavior. The timestamp is set from the camera, so I can verify that the direct feed is not missing the 6 seconds. I believe is has to be in the BI software itself. I tried hardware encoding with no change, although I don't know if that changes anything with an AMD CPU. I am recording in the BI DVR format.

Any ideas?
post an image of your blue iris record tab for one of the cameras...leave the camera at h.264 not h.264H...set the iframe interval to match the frame rate.
What do you mean by drops 6 seconds of video? does is simply skip six seconds of the feed?

iclay

n3wb
Reaction score
The iframe does match the frame rate. I will change the H.264 setting again.

The video just pauses on a certain time, then you can count 6 seconds, then the video picks up with the timestamp showing 6 seconds later.

Video example is here: Door.20170103_184500_1.mp4

(We were getting dinner.) LOL!!

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The iframe does match the frame rate. I will change the H.264 setting again.

The video just pauses on a certain time, then you can count 6 seconds, then the video picks up with the timestamp showing 6 seconds later.

Video example is here: Door.20170103_184500_1.mp4

(We were getting dinner.) LOL!!
ok. Post the video>configuration tab in blue iris.

iclay

n3wb
Reaction score
I'll give it a shot. I'll email support and see what they say if nothing changes.