6AE830VNI vs PTZs that are currently popular

trauts14

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I do not recognize this Dahua model: 6AE830VNI. Is this one of the same cams Andy is selling? If not, can anybody provide any pros or cons for this cam? I see it uses Starvis sensor as opposed to Exmor R. I would prefer to buy from Andy if you all feel like some of the PTZs recently discussed here are comparable. Thank you for any assistance.

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
The 6AE830VNI is one of the most popular Dahua PTZ's that Andy is selling right now he said.
It is over a year old and is a great camera.
It may take a while to receive it.. last he said was 4-6 weeks out.

What I don't like about the cam is the slow lens focus and clarity at full zoom. (maybe I just got a bad one)

At 4k I have some frame skipping after recording for several days.
I don't know if it from the most recent firmware or from the newest 5208 4ks2 NVR firmware it is recording to. It wasn't happening prior to updating,
so I'm thinking it is the NVR..

Everything else is very good about the camera.

Dahua SD6AE830V-HNI sample

Depending on your budget and the need for 4k the SD10A248V is one of the best so far, but at $1600+ ouch !
Also the SD6AE240 has a excellent picture. ( samples a couple post down in the above link)

Cheryl

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply jmcu!

Our budget is around $2K. We have a 24/7 stream and we need a solid cam with good optical zoom and hopefully excellent night vision with very little to no light environment. Below is a link to our cam. We looked at many cams but there are so many with so much info, we don’t want to make a mistake with our purchase, so if you have the time to look and give us any suggestions we would greatly appreciate it your thoughts!

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
The 10A248v would be within your budget and has the longest zoom for the Dahua lineup.

The IR is great but will not reach out to that highway, if that's your goal..

IMO it is the best one they have out right now. They did show that they are releasing a 60x zoom at the the Korean expo.
Not sure when, and Andy has not gotten word of it as of yet..

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
This super big guy we not keep stock, so have to book the stock. 3-4 weeks I think have to wait. Surely a super one

Cheryl

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there something better that we should get or is this the best for our needs??