8TB HDD Supplier durability

SnarkyBoy

n3wb
Reaction score
Opinion Poll: 8TB 7200 HDD - Western Digital Purple versus Seagate Skyhawk who has better durability?

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
To be honest and this is only my opinion, anything from WD would do for me. I used to be a Seagate man, originally used Seagate SCSI disks in my home PC but their overall quality declined, their disks became really noisy and unreliable for me so I dumped them some 7-10 years back and have since always used WD.

SnarkyBoy

n3wb
Reaction score
Opinion Poll: 8TB 7200 HDD - Western Digital Purple versus Seagate Skyhawk who has better durability?
Many Thanks...

New Topic/question: Can the Intel IvyBridge architecture with HD 4000 integrated graphics encode/decode H.265 streams from cameras
that use this format? I hear there rumors...and that it saves disk space

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Many Thanks...

New Topic/question: Can the Intel IvyBridge architecture with HD 4000 integrated graphics encode/decode H.265 streams from cameras
that use this format? I hear there rumors...and that it saves disk space
No, it cannot, you need skylake and up. Also not every vms supports h.265 (sighthound for example does not) and even if it does it may not support h.265 using intel hardware acceleration (blue iris -supports h.265 but not HA using intel. 265 HA will only work with power sucking nvidia cards).

SnarkyBoy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmm.... now much power does the Nvidia accelerator consume? I have upgraded to a 550W PSU on this i7-3770 system