90 Degree Turret Mounting

maltonfolk

n3wb
Reaction score
Goodday, and thank you all for the awesome forum and cliff notes, I've learned a ton from reading them.
I haven't seen this question anywhere, sorry if it's already been asked.

Is it possible to mount a Dahua turret against the side of a house without the PFB203W wall mount?

I have a dome, and I really like the way it mounts in this picture, but I don't really like the fog in the lens.

I'm hoping building a BI machine, and I've never had a Dahua. Will the software allow for the 90 degree rotation, or will the 'eye' of the IPC-HDW4231EM-AS allow for rotation to fit the 'vertical' orientation?
Thanks!

Attachments

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
The camera rotated inside the mount under the dome. Additionally, Dahua software, web interface, generally allow rotation of the image in 90 degree increments.

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm going to echo this question. I have a few 5231s that I'm thinking of moving lower onto my siding vs soffit. Why would I want to use PFB203W vs mounting directly to the siding as shown above? Advantages? What am I missing? @looney2ns I think you might be a good one to comment on this as I know you are using one of these.

Thanks!

Mr_D

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, the cameras can be mounted to the wall and rotated as needed. If you mount the camera directly on the wall, you will need a large hole in the wall to pass the cable through, then deal with keeping water out of that hole. If you mount the camera either to a junction box or the PDB203W bracket, the box/bracket gives you a place to stuff the cord on the outside of the building. Then you just need a small (about 1/4") hole in the house to pass an UNTERMINATED network cable through. Terminate the cable from the outside.

I have 4 cameras on walls, each on a junction box. Three are on the open-faced PFA137/139 box while another that will get more direct rain is on a PFA130E box with a lid. I am planning a dual-lens mini starlight dome for another location and will probably use a PFB203W so reduce sun exposure to the domes. The bracket will let the domes face down rather than out.

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So, size of the hole and real estate needed for cables behind cam sounds like the reason. Either PFA137/9 for surface mount or PFB203W for 90deg.

Thanks!