900 sq ft liquor store looking for an 8 channel system

gunit00

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I am super overwhelmed buy the selection of brands and systems.

We are currently running a SHR-8082 Samsung 8 Channel Standalone DVR 240IPS @ D1. It's dying (moving like a snail during playback) and we would like to upgrade to IP camera systems.

We need a reliable 8 channel system with remote viewing capabilities. We are open to all stable midrange to up midrange systems ( i.e. better than the Costco options). It can be a standalone DVR or a PC based system. We just need reliability.
It's small space (~900 sq ft). So we need something that is capable of clearly capturing faces.

Please list some options you guys trust.

Thank you!!!

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Dahua 4208-8p nvr with eight 4231-EM-AS or the varifocal style of the same camera, 5231-RZ. Look in the dahua forum at the 2mp starlight options thread.

gunit00

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. Can you guys point me to reputable resellers as well?

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

empirecandy on this forum sells for a great price, good support, and cheaper than resellers. Check these threads:
EMPIRETECANDY
Good source to buy IP items at

NVR is easier to set up. Blue Iris is flexible/powerful. So it depends how computer savvy you are.
Stick with one vendor for cam & nvr so hookup is straighforward. (don't mix-n-match)
Dahua and Hikvision are well regarded vendors, and you'll be able to get advice and help on this forum.

Good luck!
Fastb

gunit00

n3wb
Reaction score
What is up with the secretive catalog requesting? I am new to this.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
It's not secretive really. He doesn't have the overhead of a web site, advertising, etc. He sells known brands as a small business.
I haven't used him. I did request a catalog a long time ago, he carries many models.
I have used Andy at Empiretecandy, and was very pleased.
When I was a newbie, I used A1 Security, a reseller in the US. Yes, I paid more than I needed, but at the time, the support of the reseller was attractive. I'm now up the learning curve, and will buy more Dahua cams w/o paying a premium. Andy backs his Dahua cams if they fail, but he's not a traditional "Support Desk" to get technical assistance....

There are 44 pages of people asking for a catalog. milkisbad has a good reputation. No risk in asking for a catalog....

Fastb

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Forget catalogs. Email Andy as suggested above in the wee hours if you can- like 2 or 3am if you can and confirm he has in stock the following gear. Tell him to send you a paypal invoice for this gear-

8 of these-

Aliexpress.com : Buy Dahua Built in Mic 2mp Starlight IR Eyeball Network Camera NO LGO IPC HDW4231EM AS,free DHL shipping from Reliable network camera suppliers on Empire Technology Co., Ltd

1 eight channel of these-

Aliexpress.com : Buy DAHUA 8ch NVR5208 8P1080P NVR 16ch 1080P NVR NVR5216 8P 32ch 1080P NVR NVR5232 8P with Onvif NVR with 8POE ports from Reliable nvr 16ch suppliers on Empire Technology Co., Ltd

He sends you a paypal invoice. Pay it via paypal. Wait for gear to arrive.

Order 8 these in various lengths as needed and make SURE you measure the lengths correctly (don't underestimate)-

Amazon.com: Cable Matters Cat6 Snagless Ethernet Patch Cable in White 100 Feet: Computers & Accessories

Order two of these-

Amazon.com: WD Purple NV 4TB Surveillance Hard Disk Drive - Intellipower SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD4NPURX: Electronics

One of these or similar-

Amazon.com: CyberPower EC350G Ecologic 350VA/255-Watts Energy Efficient Desktop UPS: Electronics

One of these or similar with ceiling mount if needed to install at the register-

Amazon.com: LG 32MA68HY-P 32-Inch IPS Monitor with Display Port and HDMI Inputs: Electronics

One of these or similar-

16 GAUGE STEEL SECURITY DVR LOCKBOX WITH FAN - LOCKBOX-LX

Put everything in place, set each channel to 24/7 recording with motion detection added at night after hours.

Done.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

gunit00

n3wb
Reaction score
Forget catalogs. Email Andy as suggested above in the wee hours if you can- like 2 or 3am if you can and confirm he has in stock the following gear. Tell him to send you a paypal invoice for this gear-

8 of these-

Aliexpress.com : Buy Dahua Built in Mic 2mp Starlight IR Eyeball Network Camera NO LGO IPC HDW4231EM AS,free DHL shipping from Reliable network camera suppliers on Empire Technology Co., Ltd

1 eight channel of these-

Aliexpress.com : Buy DAHUA 8ch NVR5208 8P1080P NVR 16ch 1080P NVR NVR5216 8P 32ch 1080P NVR NVR5232 8P with Onvif NVR with 8POE ports from Reliable nvr 16ch suppliers on Empire Technology Co., Ltd

He sends you a paypal invoice. Pay it via paypal. Wait for gear to arrive.

Order 8 these in various lengths as needed and make SURE you measure the lengths correctly (don't underestimate)-

Amazon.com: Cable Matters Cat6 Snagless Ethernet Patch Cable in White 100 Feet: Computers & Accessories

Order two of these-

Amazon.com: WD Purple NV 4TB Surveillance Hard Disk Drive - Intellipower SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD4NPURX: Electronics

One of these or similar-

Amazon.com: CyberPower EC350G Ecologic 350VA/255-Watts Energy Efficient Desktop UPS: Electronics

One of these or similar with ceiling mount if needed to install at the register-

Amazon.com: LG 32MA68HY-P 32-Inch IPS Monitor with Display Port and HDMI Inputs: Electronics

One of these or similar-

16 GAUGE STEEL SECURITY DVR LOCKBOX WITH FAN - LOCKBOX-LX

Put everything in place, set each channel to 24/7 recording with motion detection added at night after hours.

Done.
Thanks for this. After reading up on your suggestions, I sent a payment to Andy for nearly identical items you have suggested above. Fingers crossed. Waiting on delivery information.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.