A couple of viewer questions

HelloAgain

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I suspect these are simple questions, but they are throwing me for a loop giving I'm so very new to BI. Can you please look at the attached photo and tell me:

1) What is the yellow status bar at the top of the window telling me? It's saying "8:19:36PM 01m01s" however the video it's referencing is from 8:40 and was only 10 seconds long.

2) I'm doing motion activated recordings only. Why do I have long yellow/green/purple lines at the bottom. I know that each color is a different camera, but I don't understand why the lines are so long. I don't have any single recording longer than 20 seconds. Now, I do have some long 'clips' that are 5 hours. I have no idea why (or where they came from), but they aren't continuous either (the clips jump from motion activation to motion activation)

Thanks!

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I suspect these are simple questions, but they are throwing me for a loop giving I'm so very new to BI. Can you please look at the attached photo and tell me:

1) What is the yellow status bar at the top of the window telling me? It's saying "8:19:36PM 01m01s" however the video it's referencing is from 8:40 and was only 10 seconds long.

2) I'm doing motion activated recordings only. Why do I have long yellow/green/purple lines at the bottom. I know that each color is a different camera, but I don't understand why the lines are so long. I don't have any single recording longer than 20 seconds. Now, I do have some long 'clips' that are 5 hours. I have no idea why (or where they came from), but they aren't continuous either (the clips jump from motion activation to motion activation)

Thanks!
1) The yellow bar is not a status bar, it is the camera name bar and the color corresponds to the event color set in the general tab for that camera and the yellow bar in your timeline. If you wish, you can remove it by right clicking and unchecking show camera name.
2) the lines are long because you have combine and cut set in the record tab. This prevents having many hundreds of thousands of small files which may cause issues on some systems. It also screws with the timeline. If you want the timeline to reflect actual recordings then disable combine and cut. Either way, triggers will be proper marked with the "tiny blue man".

HelloAgain

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've been watching a few. His stuff is great. I surprised he has so few subscribers/views.