A couple questions with deactivating BI on old machine and activating on new machine

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Re: A couple questions with deactivating BI on old machine and activating on new mach

Still having trouble with the new machine locking up. I just did a repair on Blue Iris and we'll see how that goes. I can usually go about two and a half hours with Blue Iris screen maximized before it locks up solid. If I leave the screen minimized I can go indefinitely with out any issues. It's when I maximize the screen that it locks up solid after two and a half hours. Like I said though, I have done a Blue Iris repair so we'll see how that goes. if it continues to lock up I'll have to do a clean Windows 10 install from my recovery drive. If I can figure it out! LOL

Thanks,

Rick

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: A couple questions with deactivating BI on old machine and activating on new mach

Still having trouble with the new machine locking up. I just did a repair on Blue Iris and we'll see how that goes. I can usually go about two and a half hours with Blue Iris screen maximized before it locks up solid. If I leave the screen minimized I can go indefinitely with out any issues. It's when I maximize the screen that it locks up solid after two and a half hours. Like I said though, I have done a Blue Iris repair so we'll see how that goes. if it continues to lock up I'll have to do a clean Windows 10 install from my recovery drive. If I can figure it out! LOL

Thanks,

Rick
Dont install from an image, do a clean install...download the microsoft media creation tool which will let you create a bootable usb.

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Dont install from an image, do a clean install...download the microsoft media creation tool which will let you create a bootable usb.
Q2U - I did the install repair as you stated and it's been about 24 hours and no lock up yet. Keep your fingers crossed!!

Thank you!

Rick

DarrenD

n3wb
Reaction score

You need the cameras to supply the osd timestamp...not Blue Iris. A lot of us run NetTime - Network Time Synchronization Tool on our BI servers and configure the cameras to use it as a ntp source.

Thank you! I was trying to figure out why the Blue Iris date/time text overlay is not included in recordings. Unfortunately I have several old ACTi ACM 3511 cameras which do not have a date/time OSD option.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you! I was trying to figure out why the Blue Iris date/time text overlay is not included in recordings. Unfortunately I have several old ACTi ACM 3511 cameras which do not have a date/time OSD option.
Blue iris can supply the timestamp at the expense of cpu...another option is to record without the timestamp, and add it later at export, this can be done if recorded to bvr format..

DarrenD

n3wb
Reaction score
Blue iris can supply the timestamp at the expense of cpu...another option is to record without the timestamp, and add it later at export, this can be done if recorded to bvr format..
Thank you for the tips. I will post back after I try any of those things and let the forum know how it goes.

DarrenD

n3wb
Reaction score
Quick update. The old ACTi cameras that I mentioned (ACM 3511) have a firmware update that adds the OSD option. I thought I already upgraded firmware on all the cameras but I must have missed a couple. I will probably not attempt having Blue Iris supply the timestamp or adding it on export unless I can't upgrade the firmware.

Thanks again for the help. May you have a relaxing, stress free weekend.

DarrenD

n3wb
Reaction score
I got the firmware updated in those ACM 3511 cameras. The OSD settings were not applying until I added each camera's IP address in the compatibility view list in Internet Explorer. It wasn't working in Chrome either.

I doubt anyone uses these old ACTi cameras but just in case - remember to try adding them to compatibility view in I.E. as a troubleshooting step.