a great cheap IMX291 3MP camera

claus10

n3wb
Reaction score

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My oldest cam is cheap, no name Chinese crap. Almost 7 years old and the only problems have been spiders, wasps and other assorted critters being attracted to the ir. It's an outdoor bullet cam that's mounted under the eve of the house and pointed down the driveway. I need to replace it cause it's not POE and I don't like the idea of having an extension cord and wall wart in the attic.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My oldest cam is cheap, no name Chinese crap. Almost 7 years old and the only problems have been spiders, wasps and other assorted critters being attracted to the ir. It's an outdoor bullet cam that's mounted under the eve of the house and pointed down the driveway. I need to replace it cause it's not POE and I don't like the idea of having an extension cord and wall wart in the attic.
very large sample size you have there...

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
very large sample size you have there...
Just saying there are exceptions. A few months back I bought a half a dozen POE dome cams for 30 bucks each. So far they have been flawless and serve my needs nicely. The worst cams I've ever used were Foscams and it's wannbes like Hootoo, etc. One day, when I win the lottery, I'll move up town and build a money no object be all do all system. But for now I do the best I can with what I have.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just saying there are exceptions. A few months back I bought a half a dozen POE dome cams for 30 bucks each. So far they have been flawless and serve my needs nicely. The worst cams I've ever used were Foscams and it's wannbes like Hootoo, etc. One day, when I win the lottery, I'll move up town and build a money no object be all do all system. But for now I do the best I can with what I have.
Yes you need the lottery to buy a 100 dollar camera... give your 30 dollar camera a few more months....