A.I. in dahua NVR-4208-8P-4KS2H1 and IPC-T5442T-ZE Which to use? Subject updated

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am 'dry testing ' with the new bought NVR and Camera's
4K-NVR-8CH-NVR-4208-8P-4KS2H1
and a few IPC-T5442T-ZE
Also Is there a way that I can setup the camera through the NVR I know of the Image screen where you can set a lot but I think I set even more options in the CAM itself?
I know both units can use AI functions for detection and I understand that for some functions it could be done by the camera's
How does the get registered to the NVR?
What I want :

• Face recognition with a few stills
  • multiple Tripwires
  • Intrusion
  • Maybee Sound of breaking glass?

Last edited:

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you have smart detection enabled per channel in the smart detection menu? Do you have it scheduled properly too? If you're sure you have it set right and everything is enabled, try rebooting the nvr. Sometimes that can help. When you say you cross the lines, do they flash red? If they don't you probably don't have it actually enabled for that channel. It's better to go into the nvr gui via internet explorer. Once you're logged into the nvr, upper left click management, cameras, scroll down to the camera you want, click on the blue IE icon and it'll open up a new tab. Login to the camera with the nvr password and set ivs there. It's better to do this in the camera.

psycik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When you search playback (web interface) can you see smart/ivs events in there? I have 6 cams, 3 have IVS capabilities. But one of those, I can't use ai search or get push notifications from. It's set up the same as the others that work.

No idea why, sometimes it will start up and work. But generally will not

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you have smart detection enabled per channel in the smart detection menu? Do you have it scheduled properly too? If you're sure you have it set right and everything is enabled, try rebooting the nvr. Sometimes that can help. When you say you cross the lines, do they flash red? If they don't you probably don't have it actually enabled for that channel. It's better to go into the nvr gui via internet explorer. Once you're logged into the nvr, upper left click management, cameras, scroll down to the camera you want, click on the blue IE icon and it'll open up a new tab. Login to the camera with the nvr password and set ivs there. It's better to do this in the camera.
No I did not have Smart detection configured. Discoverd that I can not ectivate all options together.
Which parts are better to doin the camera?
IS it possible to get 1 of a few stills on a trigger? Do I need to mount an SD card for this?
I know these camera's have AI capabilities

Last edited:

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I See the tripwires on the NVR respond now but still I cannot search for IVS events:S
Is there only one AI capabiliry per camera possible?
SO I cannot have tripwire and face detection?
It is hard to choose on what to trigger. I do not need vehicles, but people or intrusion and tripwire

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Correct generally speaking 1 per camera.
On the camera GUI you have to choose the corresponding Smart Plan

Don’t set stuff in the NVR GUI

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Correct generally speaking 1 per camera.
On the camera GUI you have to choose the corresponding Smart Plan

Don’t set stuff in the NVR GUI
Thnks @bigredfish I will look at your link any way:) Just test driving and have been playing with some settings on the NVR :oops:
But is it not possible to have a trigger in the camera and additional another on the NVR?

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When I connect via the network to the NVR and connect to the camera via the NVR By clicking on the Webpage of the camera I can see the live image. Then when I select settings => conditions , I see the image.
But when I select the zoom an focus tab There is no image in the browser .
I tried this with Chrome and edge. This makes it pretty hard/impossible to select a zoom and focus.
This was also the same when I connect to the cam without the NVR.
Am I doing anything wrong?
On the normal desktop of the NVR when I click auto focus there is a popup where I can control zoom

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@bigredfish I already had the cans tested directly connected to the PC and I had set the IP-address manually.
Must the TCP/IP settings be DHCP or static? It connects on static via the ARP/ping now.
Is there a way that I can change the POrt for the NVR? I will find a conflict with another webserver interface op my network when mapping a port trough the VPN

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
This is a PoE NVR right? Hiw did you set the IP's manually if you are going to use the NVR PoE ports which are controlled by the port? Typically if you bench test and are going to use a PoE NVR I would set the camera back to DHCP before hooking them to the NVR ports which will assign them 10.1.1.x addresses

If you want to change network settings you can do so on the NVR for both it and the internal PoE switch, but I'm no networking guy so .....

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is a PoE NVR right? Hiw did you set the IP's manually if you are going to use the NVR PoE ports which are controlled by the port? Typically if you bench test and are going to use a PoE NVR I would set the camera back to DHCP before hooking them to the NVR ports which will assign them 10.1.1.x addresses

If you want to change network settings you can do so on the NVR for both it and the internal PoE switch, but I'm no networking guy so .....
Yes this is a POE camera. I was testing with a separate supply before because I did not have a PVR yet. That took much longer to arrive.
At that time I connected the cam to my normal switch and opened 192.168.1.108.
there I went to the TCP settings and set it manually to 192.168.1.151. for the first cam and 192.168.1.152 for the 2nd one.
After connecting to to NVR the IP address was changed tp 10.1.1.x addresses, But it is still set as manual and not DHCP.
So I assume I must go in theTYCP settings via the NVR and set them back on DHCP?

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I still do not manage to see the events in the 'search' time line.
I can see tiles in the IVS search but not in the normal seach panel.
I have IVS the events box cheched but notching there, just thegreen stream that I can scroll through

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you unchecked green regular playback and only checked off smart? Time line is completely empty?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
The 4.0 AI NVR you have not AI build in NVR, so can't support face recognition.

These models are the build in AI NVR, use different chips compare to the normal models.
NVR4216-16P-I
NVR4208-8P-I
NVR5216-16P-I

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Shockwave199,

Yep. When I uncheck the green regular playback it is all empty, And I have already checked the box for the IVS.
When I only checked the box here for IVS (tripwire events) there are no events visible.
I really have no clue what I am doing wrong

Last edited: