A.I. in dahua NVR-4208-8P-4KS2H1 and IPC-T5442T-ZE Which to use? Subject updated

drrich1101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY I still cannot see the IVS events in the search window as described earlier, what am I doing wrong?
Searching on the time line was one of my main reasons to buy an NVR

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
what is your exactly model No. for the NVR??
NVR-4208-8P-4KS2H1?? Never see this model before, i think it's NVR4208-8P-4KS2?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
@bertnl - a number of things have to be set to record and see IVS events on the playback timeline

1- On the NVR set the Schedule and make sure you have both Regular and IVS shown for each day (*also do same on snapshot for IVS and Motion only)
02.jpg 03.jpg 02-b.jpg

2- On the NVR Set to Record like this
04.jpg

3- On the Camera set Smart Plan for IVS (light bulb highlighted)
06.jpg

4- On the Camera make sure the "record" box is ticked for your IVS rule
07.jpg

5- Now on the NVR PLAYBACK tab you should see colored hash marks for IVS events as well as the green full-time recording
(showing examples from both the new 4.0 dark UI as well as the older "light" colored UI)
05.jpg 05-b.jpg

*Note use the slider at bottom right to zoom into the timeline

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
By the way, once you use SmartPSS for playback and live view you’ll forget about using the NVR UI direct.

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@bertnl - a number of things have to be set to record and see IVS events on the playback timeline

1- On the NVR set the Schedule and make sure you have both Regular and IVS shown for each day (*also do same on snapshot for IVS and Motion only)
View attachment 75934 View attachment 75936 View attachment 75935

2- On the NVR Set to Record like this
View attachment 75937

3- On the Camera set Smart Plan for IVS (light bulb highlighted)
View attachment 75940

4- On the Camera make sure the "record" box is ticked for your IVS rule
View attachment 75946

5- Now on the NVR PLAYBACK tab you should see colored hash marks for IVS events as well as the green full-time recording
(showing examples from both the new 4.0 dark UI as well as the older "light" colored UI)
View attachment 75943 View attachment 75944

*Note use the slider at bottom right to zoom into the timeline
Thanks,
I'm gonna try this.
I changed some schedules , I did not realize that those also had to be configured.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, the camera decides when to activate an event, but the NVR still has to be told to record it.

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for this great info/

By the way, once you use SmartPSS for playback and live view you’ll forget about using the NVR UI direct.
I have smartPSS installed but not really tested it yet. Is that also user for configuration like tripwires?
I am still in the config state.
Now in the camera events window on IE I see Videodetection and Smart Motion Detection
I have enabled both but there is a path way pretty close to my fence where people walk with their dog but I do not want to record an event for those people. I only want to see an event if someone crosses the trip wire/ climbs over the fence..
Is it safe to disable that area? or only enable this for a certain area?

in IVS I see I can draw a target what is that for?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You need to use IVS not motion detection . Smart MD us simply an enhancement to regular MD. Turn them both off and use IVS.

Suggest you search IVS. There are plenty of instructional videos on it.

And read this again

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
and is it better to use smartPSS for configuration ? Or only for (re)vieweing and searching?
I see many more things hat I can enable in the event config here?
It looks indeed much better

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
No. Live view and downloading footage only.
Read the post I referenced.

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No. Live view and downloading footage only.
Read the post I referenced.
I have read That post and followed it to configure.:) And the help with the event recording helped a lot;)
just got the idea that smart PSS would make event enabling more versatile;)

just some dude

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Regarding Dahua NVR, once I am viewing a recording timeline, is there an easy way to toggle to the next event (motion, AI, etc.) in the line? I find it a challenge to mouse over to the event an hit it on the head as far as start and stop. Am I missing something?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
A couple of ways to make that easier

• download SmartPSS and use that for live view and reviewing/downloading clips- much better than the NVR interface
  • on the NVR screen, there is a slider at bottom right to zoom into the timeline
  • on playback on the NVR choose only motion and/or IVS recordings to playback. Then it will skip from event to event and ignore the full time recording

just some dude

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
A couple of ways to make that easier

• download SmartPSS and use that for live view and reviewing/downloading clips- much better than the NVR interface
  • on the NVR screen, there is a slider at bottom right to zoom into the timeline
  • on playback on the NVR choose only motion and/or IVS recordings to playback. Then it will skip from event to event and ignore the full time recording
Yes, I'm using smart pss. In smart PSS, no way to zoom on the timeline correct? That would make it far easier to narrow in on a start-and-stop point for an event. And I did also try only having motion events show in the timeline. Anyway to index from the start of one event to the start of the next event?