A New Doorbell

ronoob

n3wb
Reaction score
when you are ready, this integration is what I am happily using.
Yes, I am planning to do it but not in the near future :) thanks!

NickTheGreat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Interesting thread. I have the Laview Halo, and it's okay. I'm always up for some improvement.

I'm not opposed to POE, but I don't have a cable running to my doorbell spot. I'd be easier for me not to.

ARAMP1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The main problem for me with something like this is that the ONLY thing my doorbell does is ring the bell, and do 2 way talk over the internet

Do I want something made by Dahua having access to the internet? I do not personally.
Not disagreeing with you at all, however how is it any different than having Ring connected to the internet? At least a company like Dahua will make a better quality product I'm hoping. My Ring Elite is a $500 piece of shit.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Not disagreeing with you at all, however how is it any different than having Ring connected to the internet? At least a company like Dahua will make a better quality product I'm hoping. My Ring Elite is a $500 piece of shit.
Personally I don't really have a problem with my Ring functionally, it works very well. Sure the image quality sucks, but I don't use that

The difference is that Ring/Amazon is not a company run by the Chinese Government. Will Amazon try and sneak junk into your camera? Sure. But its nowhere near as bad and as blatant as the Chinese.

Is there anything in the cameras now doing this? Maybe, maybe not. But if you leave them with internet access, its trivial for them to pull something down at a later date. time and time again its been shown that you cannot trust a Chinese company

Nothing against the Chinese people here, but the Chinese Government (And they have their fingers in Dahua)

To add: Five Chinese companies pose threat to U.S. national security: FCC

Reaction score
Personally I don't really have a problem with my Ring functionally, it works very well. Sure the image quality sucks, but I don't use that

The difference is that Ring/Amazon is not a company run by the Chinese Government. Will Amazon try and sneak junk into your camera? Sure. But its nowhere near as bad and as blatant as the Chinese.

Is there anything in the cameras now doing this? Maybe, maybe not. But if you leave them with internet access, its trivial for them to pull something down at a later date. time and time again its been shown that you cannot trust a Chinese company

Nothing against the Chinese people here, but the Chinese Government (And they have their fingers in Dahua)

To add: Five Chinese companies pose threat to U.S. national security: FCC
I have the VTO. By firewall rules, the VTO only is allowed to talk to Google IP's (for the Google push notification service). It is denied talking to anything else out on the internet.
Now, this may be considered advanced networking with the use of firewall rules and not ideal to a simple installation such as plug & play (p2p or scan code)... but did want to mention with a little bit of knowledge (as with anything IP related), you can surely secure Dahua or any cameras or any device pretty well.

Reaction score
Too bad it doesn’t have a cover change kit. The current offering is um . I also second why they didn’t incorporate POE. This whole thing about making things smaller is really getting stupid. Are we to assume it supports RTSP / ONVIF?!?

What is the expected sales price?
I'm totally with you on the colour.... I'd be happy with white, black or silver.