A New Doorbell

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is a completely different doorbell. The AD410 and the Lorex 2k are 4MP while this one is 5MP. I'm not sure if they're on different sensors and I am yet to see a side by side comparison, so I'm not sure how the two compare yet.
Yes, missed that. So the sensor seems to be different, but based on that pdf linked at the beginning of the thread, this is the main difference. 4mp vs 5mp sensor, fov, resolution, the little led light, and other features seem to be on par hw wise, even same fps (15); surely sw wise it may have some better features?

So 4MP is actually 2560x1440, and 5MP is 2560x1920, is that not true?

The stream on the lorex 2k i get in BI is in fact 2560x1920, which would imply 5MP. Is this and the Amcrest just marketed poorly/incorrectly, or am i missing something?

Im quite happy with the lorex, well 99.9% happy since i cant remove rhe watermark logo in the stream at the top left.

But yes a side by side comparison would be nice to see, as well as side by side video footage 4mp vs 5mp.

Last edited:

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, missed that. So the sensor seems to be different, but based on that pdf linked at the beginning of the thread, this is the main difference. 4mp vs 5mp sensor, fov, resolution, the little led light, and other features seem to be on par hw wise, even same fps (15); surely sw wise it may have some better features?

So 4MP is actually 2560x1440, and 5MP is 2560x1920, is that not true?

The stream on the lorex 2k i get in BI is in fact 2560x1920, which would imply 5MP. Is this and the Amcrest just marketed poorly/incorrectly, or am i missing something?

Im quite happy with the lorex, well 99.9% happy since i cant remove rhe watermark logo in the stream at the top left.

But yes a side by side comparison would be nice to see, as well as side by side video footage 4mp vs 5mp.
maybe reolink will release a new doorbell with 8 or 12 MP. that would be awesome ! we need more pixels because pixels = quality = better :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Screenshot_20220106_115916.jpg
Screenshot_20220106_115938_com.kiwibrowser.browser_edit_1282496773270448.jpg

Last edited:

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
What type of equipment are you using? The version of the FW, and the version of DMSS? dahua ask for it.

Using Dahua NVR and 8 Dahua camera set up with P2P to DMSS app on iPhone. I have tested and set up both NVR only to local and account devices. Alarm trigger using both intrusion alarm and tripwire alarm.

NVR device using P2P to local - notification on iPhone pop up everytime when alarm is tripped. Alarm message is saved if dmss app is already open.

NVR device using P2P to account - notification on iPhone does not pop up or notify when alarm is tripped. Alarm message is saved every time but no notification on iPhone screen when tripped.

iOS DMSS App: V1.96.002

NVR model: 2018 NVR5216-4KS2
Firmware: V4.001.0000007.1.R.210827

2- Camera model: IPC-HDW5231R-Z
Firmware: V2.800.0000016.0.R.200430

6- Camera model: IPC-HDW4231EM-AS

Hope that is enough information Dahua needs. If they want my serial number, I can DM it to you @EMPIRETECANDY

Last edited:

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Using Dahua NVR and 8 Dahua camera set up with P2P to DMSS app on iPhone. I have tested and set up both NVR only to local and account devices. Alarm trigger using both intrusion alarm and tripwire alarm.

NVR device using P2P to local - notification on iPhone pop up everytime when alarm is tripped. Alarm message is saved if dmss app is already open.

NVR device using P2P to account - notification on iPhone does not pop up or notify when alarm is tripped. Alarm message is saved every time but no notification on iPhone screen when tripped.

NVR model: NVR5216-4KS2

Hope that is enough information Dahua needs. If they want my serial number, I can DM it to you @EMPIRETECANDY

Right now, I am using P2P local because I wanted to be notify instantly on my iPhone when alarm is tripped or triggered.

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is a completely different doorbell. The AD410 and the Lorex 2k are 4MP while this one is 5MP. I'm not sure if they're on different sensors and I am yet to see a side by side comparison, so I'm not sure how the two compare yet.
No, they are not different hardware. The Dahua, AD410 and Lorex have the exact same resolution - 2K UHD (2560x1920) and all other h/w specs are also identical. This equates to 4,915,200 pixels. It's true that Amcrest advertises this as a 4-Megapixel camera, but that is an illogical rounding of what should be marketed as 5 megapixels.

There are differences - the case color, the firmware, the mobile apps, and the back-end cloud servers.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

iOS DMSS App: V1.96.002

NVR model: 2018 NVR5216-4KS2

Noted, i will check with them, no need SN No.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

green1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any update on price or release date for this doorbell?

I've completely given up on my Skybells which have given me nothing but grief since day one, and after dealing with Amcrest on 2 failed AD410s I'm reluctant to ever buy anything from that company again, so I'm really looking forward to finding something else usable here, and this looks like it might be just the ticket!

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
after dealing with Amcrest on 2 failed AD410s I'm reluctant to ever buy anything from that company again, so I'm really looking forward to finding something else usable here, and this looks like it might be just the ticket
So amcrest doorbell is not made by dahua ?

green1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So amcrest doorbell is not made by dahua ?
Amcrest is made by Dahua, and for that reason I'm slightly reluctant on the Dahua camera, but my main issue with Amcrest wasn't the doorbells that failed, it was the lack of warranty support when they did. They completely failed to honour the warranty at all until I got the BBB involved. I don't consider them a reputable company for that reason.
End result, I'm willing to try the Dahua ones (hopefully they last longer than the 1 week that the AD410s lasted before dying), but am highly reluctant to ever spend money on Amcrest again.

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How did you get the Amcrest doorbell, did you order it/them from the US? I was going to order one off amazon.com but didn't want to deal with the cross border garbage in case something went wrong; looks like made a good decision.
I got the Lorex 2K doorbell instead and I am quite happy - found it for $179 on amazon.ca (prime) so totally worth it, and it's white (in the summer I get sun on the location, so black may have melted) and came with the 32GB mSD (posted a picture here)

green1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I bought straight from amcrest. Should have been through Amazon and I'd have had some purchase protection.

I looked at Lorex, it's still a possibility, but this dahua looks promising. Just looking for updated price and availability. Though I do see B&H photo is advertising that they have them, so maybe I should go that route.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
I agree. I still believe a doorbell camera is one of the biggest market sellers potentially as it gives the perfect point protection to places of entry. The big issue so far has been poor performance and relaibility.

It would be nice to see Dahua build one around a simialr chip to that found in the Viofo A119 v3 as it's good both in day and night whilst small enough to fit a compact package.
Agree with @CCTVCam on this and its also a great entrance point (no pun intended) for a lot of residential users to start their path on adding additional security products to their homes which is never a bad thing IMO. In addition to performance and reliability, I would add, ease of install and ability to integrate (to other platforms and or NVR) is also key. Will be interesting to see this new Dahua doorbell in action.

Another device I'm interested in (in this category) is Ubiquiti's new G4 Pro Doorbell (original G4 been out a while and is OK but can certainly be improved upon) that features 2 sensors with 1 facing down(packages) but in a doorbell footprint rather than boobie cam. For those that haven't seen it, you can check it out HERE (make sure you sign up for EA access) and is currently set at $299 (when available). You can easily throw this into a Smart Home platform (Homebridge into HomeKit etc) so allows for integration (which of course you can do using Homebridge etc too for Dahua / Hik cams as well). Either way, great to see Dahua and other Pro manufacturers start to address the need for a better quality doorbell product BUT they have a limited window to act IMO before the tech focused companies start pushing the envelope further

Attachments

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Another device I'm interested in (in this category) is Ubiquiti's new G4 Pro Doorbell (original G4 been out a while and is OK but can certainly be improved upon) that features 2 sensors with 1 facing down(packages) but in a doorbell footprint rather than boobie cam. For those that haven't seen it, you can check it out HERE (make sure you sign up for EA access) and is currently set at $299 (when available). You can easily throw this into a Smart Home platform (Homebridge into HomeKit etc) so allows for integration (which of course you can do using Homebridge etc too for Dahua / Hik cams as well). Either way, great to see Dahua and other Pro manufacturers start to address the need for a better quality doorbell product BUT they have a limited window to act IMO before the tech focused companies start pushing the envelope further

Unifi stuff is painful. Without controller you might not have all settings available. Some cameras can do standalone mode, but not sure about G4pro doorbell.. have to test it ;)

But its too expensive in my opinion. It can do just wifi, no poe, not onvif compatible and so on.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score

Unifi stuff is painful. Without controller you might not have all settings available. Some cameras can do standalone mode, but not sure about G4pro doorbell.. have to test it ;)

But its too expensive in my opinion. It can do just wifi, no poe, not onvif compatible and so on.
Yes if you're in the UI infrastructure then works well but if not, agree, its not something that can be held up against true standalone devices. It does support PoE BUT critically just for power rather than data it seems which is ridiculous. RTSP streams can be grabbed from the device (as with the original G4) so there are some options there and integration as I mentioned can be pulled from that point. For me, the price is not the biggest concern but more of how well it performs in the wild. Either way, with devices like this pushing new features such as the dual cam in the doorbell footprint my hope is that true SecTech manufacturers such as Dahua & Hik etc see what's being done by other tech companies and look to introduce similar features then blow them out of the water with onvif, quality, performance, price AND integration ;)

If I can get my hands on an EA unit then I'll put this one through the test and maybe do a comparison review against the Dahua and other offerings.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes if you're in the UI infrastructure then works well but if not, agree, its not something that can be held up against true standalone devices. It does support PoE BUT critically just for power rather than data it seems which is ridiculous. RTSP streams can be grabbed from the device (as with the original G4) so there are some options there and integration as I mentioned can be pulled from that point. For me, the price is not the biggest concern but more of how well it performs in the wild. Either way, with devices like this pushing new features such as the dual cam in the doorbell footprint my hope is that true SecTech manufacturers such as Dahua & Hik etc see what's being done by other tech companies and look to introduce similar features then blow them out of the water with onvif, quality, performance, price AND integration ;)

If I can get my hands on an EA unit then I'll put this one through the test and maybe do a comparison review against the Dahua and other offerings.
Yeah... poe with usb dongle ... what a great idea :lmao:

If you need the quality of booby cam for doorbell... there are some solutions... you can just buy a cheap sip intercom device (if you need 2way audio) without camera like the

fanvil i10 (the version without the camera) .. its around 30-40USD, ... if you dont need any 2way audio can just use a webrelay as button which make it possible to send you notifications.

what you need at the end of the day.. a good app which integrates SIP with RTSP .. there is one available... "vphone" , can just use sip call and display rtsp as video , but there are some downsides which are not perfect.

dahua and hikvision will always push their intercom devices without poe or even a relay which can connected to a chime (for whatever reason). they only support their own app which always will have problems with push notifications. i am lurking for a solution since one year.
hikvision and dahua apps are a pain in the ass and they just dont want to fix it. dahua is even worser than hikvison, they dont give a fuck about their shitty app and any update makes it even worser.

Last edited:

Duh987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

It is POE with a $40 adapter

Duh987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Data and power work over their POE adapter. It has been confirmed by them multiple times.

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That G4 Pro camera is interesting that it has the downward facing camera for packages, sets it aside f
It is POE with a $40 adapter
Is it poe, or is the poe adapter used to break out DC to power it via micro usb?

Duh987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That G4 Pro camera is interesting that it has the downward facing camera for packages, sets it aside f

Is it poe, or is the poe adapter used to break out DC to power it via micro usb?
It doesn't break out power/data. The adapter changes POE to USB C