A New Doorbell

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Data and power work over their POE adapter. It has been confirmed by them multiple times.
Post the source for that ! I call it worser fake news than bidens build better plans !

All what i can find it that it delivers power... ^^

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Data and power work over their POE adapter. It has been confirmed by them multiple times.
Good to know if they confirmed that (and as it should be) as early on it was referenced as power only. Now the challenge is getting your hands on an EA unit with their extremely limited stocks :)

Duh987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
That's a rip off for an adpater in my opinion. You can get a poe injector for as little as £6 on Amazon.

Not seen USB c to poe but it can't be difficult. I recently bought a top quality Display Port to HDMI adapter off Amazon for my BI server, and bearing in mind there are potentially all kinds of DRM signals to deal with in this kind of adapter, it cost less than £10.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
That's a rip off for an adpater in my opinion. You can get a poe injector for as little as £6 on Amazon.

Not seen USB c to poe but it can't be difficult. I recently bought a top quality Display Port to HDMI adapter off Amazon for my BI server, and bearing in mind there are potentially all kinds of DRM signals to deal with in this kind of adapter, it cost less than £10.

as we now know its a USB-C ethernet adapter with poe.. like this one here

go to an apple store and buy a network adapter for macbook.. you will see.. not cheap..

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Andy's unbranded "trial" version of the Dahua 2K doorbell appears to be a clone of the Dahua/IMOU 2K doorbell. The branded Dahua DH-DB61 appears as a case clone to the Lorex 2K except in color. The Amcrest AD410 is a mix of both square and round features in black.

The best I can tell, the hardware specs are identical for all of them (discounting some minor Amcrest marketing flubs). One key firmware difference is that the AD410 may be the only one of these 2K series doorbells that accepts http (port 80) CGI commands and enables subscription to events in addition to ONVIF support.

(EDIT: The Dahua model has been confirmed to support the CGI API in its initial release, but has apparently disabled the local API in a later update - per: DH-DB6I Doorbell warning, DO NOT UPGRADE FIRMWARE!

Dahua Doorbells.png

Last edited:

green1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Having just given up on the AD410, I'm pretty sure it does not do port 80.

I think my wife would shoot me if I put one of the white doorbells up. I'm sure the darker dahua would be fine.

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Having just given up on the AD410, I'm pretty sure it does not do port 80.
Oh, it absolutely does have an operational web server on port 80 that responds to most CGI commands, as did the older AD110. But just like all the others, it does NOT have a Web UI.

green1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You say the hardware specs are identical, yet dahua claims higher megapixel count on theirs than any of the others

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You say the hardware specs are identical, yet dahua claims higher megapixel count on theirs than any of the others
They are all 2K cameras (2560x1920p), totaling just over 4.9million pixels. Only Amcrest's math-challenged Ad dept lists the AD410 incorrectly as "4M" but gets the actual resolution correct. The others are properly listed as a 5Megapixel. This is why I stated the specs are the same, discounting minor Amcrest marketing flubs.

EDIT: Take a look at the AD410 technical specs. It lists it as 4.9MP, same as the others.

Camera Imaging Device 4.9MP, 1/2.9”
Effective Pixels 2560 (H) * 1920(V)

Last edited:

vidman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I ordered one of these doorbellls and was disappointed to find out that I’m also getting the white version. Would you guys know where I can get the brown version?

green1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I ordered one of these doorbellls and was disappointed to find out that I’m also getting the white version. Would you guys know where I can get the brown version?
I asked dahua where to buy their products, they couldn't tell me... What a strange way to run a company!

green1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

green1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
we are the 1st guy in the world get this version in DMSS.
Well that's unlikely being that b&h are already selling it, and you are not yet. But beyond that, I just asked them to tell me where to buy any of their door stations, and they simply said they only sell through resellers, but couldn't tell me who those resellers were.