A New Doorbell

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well that's unlikely being that b&h are already selling it, and you are not yet. But beyond that, I just asked them to tell me where to buy any of their door stations, and they simply said they only sell through resellers, but couldn't tell me who those resellers were.
Notice all the caveats B&H put on it. It looks more like a pre-order. They do not have any in their hands, whereas Andy does.

Keep in mind Andy got it out here first for review and sample:

You could test who sells it first for us and purchase one from B&H and one from Andy and see which one you get first LOL....

1643079996358.png

green1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You could test who sells it first for us and purchase one from B&H and one from Andy and see which one you get first LOL....
Well Andy isn't willing to post a price, so it's pretty hard to try to buy one from him. They also appear to have radically different visual design.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So the question is....is the picture from B&H the prototype model, but for full roll-out it will be the white model that is in Andy's hand or will there be different faceplate colors?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well that's unlikely being that b&h are already selling it, and you are not yet. But beyond that, I just asked them to tell me where to buy any of their door stations, and they simply said they only sell through resellers, but couldn't tell me who those resellers were.
End users like us are not in their market plan. They don't want to talk to us.

green1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
End users like us are not in their market plan. They don't want to talk to us.
But they should have some way of letting you find the people that they do want you to talk to!
I've decided I want to give them money, they just need to figure out how to take it from me.

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can someone tell me if Amcrest has a Canadian presence? I'd like to get the AD410.
I have the Lorex 2K, but I'm having an issue with noise even when there is no noise outside, I hear a clicking/white noise; not sure if this is my unit or normal (I hope not).
Those that have the AD410, have you had any issue with static/whitenoise/clicking, seems like some very small noise if getting amplified like in a feedback loop and it gets loud, if there is real noise (car/bus/dog) outside, then this noise becomes almost non existent...

green1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can someone tell me if Amcrest has a Canadian presence? I'd like to get the AD410.
I have the Lorex 2K, but I'm having an issue with noise even when there is no noise outside, I hear a clicking/white noise; not sure if this is my unit or normal (I hope not).
Those that have the AD410, have you had any issue with static/whitenoise/clicking, seems like some very small noise if getting amplified like in a feedback loop and it gets loud, if there is real noise (car/bus/dog) outside, then this noise becomes almost non existent...
Amcrest is purely US based. They ship to Canada frome the USA.
Be warned. If you have any problems, they DO NOT honour their warranty in any way shape or form. I had 2 AD410s die within a week of purchase, I finally got most of my money back, but it involved complaints to the better business bureau and a long nightmare of trying to get support.
If you must buy Amcrest products, ALWAYS buy through a third party with good buyer protections. I severely regret not going the Amazon route when I bought mine.

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Amcrest is purely US based. They ship to Canada frome the USA.
Be warned. If you have any problems, they DO NOT honour their warranty in any way shape or form. I had 2 AD410s die within a week of purchase, I finally got most of my money back, but it involved complaints to the better business bureau and a long nightmare of trying to get support.
If you must buy Amcrest products, ALWAYS buy through a third party with good buyer protections. I severely regret not going the Amazon route when I bought mine.
Yeah, I read your previous post and couldn't believe it. I'm tempted to order from the US amazon, but it's so expensive, the additional $35 for shipping, plus the hassle to return across the border... too bad. I have submitted a replacement request for my Lorex doorbell to Lorex. Glad I bought it from Amazon.

vidman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I received my official Dahua version today. I installed it on the wall BUT, for the life of me, I can’t connect to it using the DMSS app as per the instructions. Every time DMSS tries to connect to its hotspot it says connection failed. Any idea why?

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I received my official Dahua version today. I installed it on the wall BUT, for the life of me, I can’t connect to it using the DMSS app as per the instructions. Every time DMSS tries to connect to its hotspot it says connection failed. Any idea why?
Mine hooked right up after I removed the micro chip I was trying. Hold the reset button in UNTIL you hear it say "doing a fullhard reset" or something like that. Mine has been rock solid IN BI other than slow switching between main & substreams. DDMS takes a little time to figure it out, but I must say the alerts are fast. Overall it beats my old Ring hands down. After you get it conected to wifi, then put in your mico card and format it.

Attachments

vidman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I tried hard resetting about a dozen times. The light stays a solid blue and it keeps saying unable to join network.
I spoke to Dahua tech support and they said most likely the unit is defective…
I wonder if it has something to do with the voltage?
Sucks. Now I have to wait another two weeks for a replacement.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I tried hard resetting about a dozen times. The light stays a solid blue and it keeps saying unable to join network.
I spoke to Dahua tech support and they said most likely the unit is defective…
I wonder if it has something to do with the voltage?
Sucks. Now I have to wait another two weeks for a replacement.
I had to upgrade my transformer when I installed Ring , here is what I am using:

Attachments

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure what phone you are using, I used Iphone DMSS app. My big issue was the micro card. I pulled a 64GB card out of a Wyse cam and just stuck it in there. So after 3 attempts I tried taking card out and started fresh. Rebooted Iphone and a hard reset on DB61, I have seen my phone get in a state before where it would not connect to anything. As soon as I heard the DB61 say "hotspot enabled" I then connected to it with my phone. Then I started DMSS and proceeded to add new device. Then I scanned box and hit next. Then it took a bit but it found all available networks to join.
After it connected and somewhat configured, I power it off and inserted a formatted exFAT card . Did another format within the DMSS app and all has been fine since.

good luck.

vidman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My issue is that pressing the reset button doesn’t do anything. The lights don’t change and it doesn’t say anything.
When my iPhones DMSS app tries to connect to the “doorbell-xxxx-xxxx” network it just keeps saying unable to connect. I’ve tried dozens of times without luck.

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had to upgrade my transformer when I installed Ring , here is what I am using:
For the record, I'm using a 16V 10A transformer; the system had 2 hard doorbells for rear/front. I put the camera on the front (as in the instructions) and there are no issues with it working.
I have the Lorex 2K though, not the Dahua - but other than esthetics and firmware it's the same HW.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
My issue is that pressing the reset button doesn’t do anything. The lights don’t change and it doesn’t say anything.
When my iPhones DMSS app tries to connect to the “doorbell-xxxx-xxxx” network it just keeps saying unable to connect. I’ve tried dozens of times without luck.
hold the reset button in until you hear it say "doing hard reset" takes 20 sec or so

vidman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, I disconnected the terminals and re-connected.