A new MINI PTZ with autotracking 5X zoom.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys

Dahua will release a new product later this month, i may get one sample soon to show here.
This camera is full metal, would be better than the old ones, IR and LED light optiaonl. Can be good for some place that need a blue and red light to scare the bad guys.
This small cam will support autotracking, i am sure will not as smoothly compare to the 25X zoom cams.

1680962970620.png

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
That form factor is absolutely massive compared to 1A404XBNR which has similar PTZ range. I assume the lighting and PTZ motors are vastly superior in this new model, and obviously autotracking is a big deal for some. But with the much larger footprint they should at least be using a bigger sensor and/or a better zoom lens.

1680983402959.png

1A404XBNR for comparison:

1680983421312.png

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That form factor is absolutely massive compared to 1A404XBNR which has similar PTZ range.
Autotracking is a big deal for some.
But with the much larger footprint they should at least be using a bigger sensor and/or a better zoom lens.
Absolutely agree with you on those points.

The price has to be right for a camera with those low specs. I would expect it to be similar in price to the 1A404XBNR.
Anymore expensive and it's better to go with a more powerful PTZs like the SD4A425DB-HNY.

CaptainCrunch

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Absolutely agree with you on those points.

The price has to be right for a camera with those low specs. I would expect it to be similar in price to the 1A404XBNR.
Anymore expensive and it's better to go with a more powerful PTZs like the SD4A425DB-HNY.
I've been holding out on getting the SD4A425DB-HNY so I could find out the cost of this one. I don't "need" 25x although I wouldn't complain if I had it. But even if this one were priced at $300, I think the SD4A425DB-HNY would still be a better value for me. The red and blue lights are not important to me. And, for me, the form factor of the SD4A425DB-HNY is more attractive. For my current needs, I like the dome on a PTZ. It makes the tracking much less obvious.

I think I may have just talked my way out of waiting for this one and just going with the SD4A425DB-HNY.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've been holding out on getting the SD4A425DB-HNY so I could find out the cost of this one. I don't "need" 25x although I wouldn't complain if I had it. But even if this one were priced at $300, I think the SD4A425DB-HNY would still be a better value for me. The red and blue lights are not important to me. And, for me, the form factor of the SD4A425DB-HNY is more attractive. For my current needs, I like the dome on a PTZ. It makes the tracking much less obvious.

I think I may have just talked my way out of waiting for this one and just going with the SD4A425DB-HNY.
I agree. You just talked yourself into the SD4A425 PTZ lol

f13dfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Would it be possible to do a ceiling mount under an eave (if deep enough) with the white cover & mount removed and only the black camera part showing? I like the wide angle focal length of 2.7 as it gives me better area coverage; 5x optical is enough for me.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Would it be possible to do a ceiling mount under an eave (if deep enough) with the white cover & mount removed and only the black camera part showing? I like the wide angle focal length of 2.7 as it gives me better area coverage; 5x optical is enough for me.
Can loose the screws here and can use as a ceiling mount. Camera and mount are full metal.
1684887717083.png