A tale of two BI UI's, one good, one bad

injunear

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have two new Bi installs, one in my home and the other in a friends home. I had Bi4 installed for a few years before installing Bi5, my friend's installation is entirely new to him.

Anyway, in my installation (as it was in Bi4) you can drag cameras simply by selecting the camera by clicking on it, holding the left mouse key down whilst moving it into different positions on the screen.

In the friend's installation (I installed) you cannot. It appears that I cannot 'select' a camera and highlight it, simply clicking on it opens it to full screen size whether the left mouse key is held or not.

I made a couple videos depicting the problem. Any ideas. Setting? Anything at all as I've tried for days to remedy this and have yet to do so.

This is OK....
[youtube] [/youtube]

This not OK
[youtube] [/youtube]

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@injunear This is happening because you have "solo selected camera" enabled on the top right next to the gear icon.

injunear

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Read the help file maybe?
right click and untick drag lock.
Duh? First thing I tried.....No worky.....

@injunear This is happening because you have "solo selected camera" enabled on the top right next to the gear icon.
You're a genius! Oh, and just when I thought I'd pressed/clicked on every obscure icon on that panel, alas there's one that I didn't try.....Thanks for assuming that I actually know what that little green icon meant, 'cause I don't. "Solo" selected? Never used it. But thanks for fixing it. Works like a charm now.