A way to connect to a camera without access to port forwarding

mikeduncan

n3wb
Reaction score
My grandmother is in a nursing home and we have an ip camera installed there (foscam 9821p) that is currently recording to a local blue iris installation. Sometimes things happen with the computer blue iris is running on and we would like to eliminate the system there altogether but do not have access to the local network to forward ports. The foscam has a p2p function built in but all I have seen so far is the ability to connect to their app on a phone.

Has anyone come up with a way to connect to a camera without a local system there acting as a middle man? If I could utilize the p2p part of the foscam software with blue iris that would be astounding but I assume there is no way to utilize that in this way.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My grandmother is in a nursing home and we have an ip camera installed there (foscam 9821p) that is currently recording to a local blue iris installation. Sometimes things happen with the computer blue iris is running on and we would like to eliminate the system there altogether but do not have access to the local network to forward ports. The foscam has a p2p function built in but all I have seen so far is the ability to connect to their app on a phone.

Has anyone come up with a way to connect to a camera without a local system there acting as a middle man? If I could utilize the p2p part of the foscam software with blue iris that would be astounding but I assume there is no way to utilize that in this way.
look at hamachi or ngrok - secure introspectable tunnels to localhost