Absolutely impressed with the IPC-HDW5231R-Z!

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just had to share my personal experience with how great the IPC-HDW5231R-Z is in low light! Just replaced a HikVision DS-2CD3332-I with the 5231 and the difference is staggering (in my opinion). Here is the HikVision:

and here is the 5231 mounted in the same spot:

The HikVision was really noisy as you can tell. Added bonus is the microphone on the 5231. In daylight, the HikVision was slightly better as it's 3 MP instead of 2MP, but I'll take that for the phenomenal performance at night. There is probably enough ambient light to run the 5231 is color only mode, which is really awesome.

Ordered on 3-19 from @EMPIRETECANDY and arrived in Michigan 3-23, awesome service! Definitely a believer in the Starlight series and will be ordering more.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just had to share my personal experience with how great the IPC-HDW5231R-Z is in low light! Just replaced a HikVision DS-2CD3332-I with the 5231 and the difference is staggering (in my opinion). Here is the HikVision:

and here is the 5231 mounted in the same spot:

The HikVision was really noisy as you can tell. Added bonus is the microphone on the 5231. In daylight, the HikVision was slightly better as it's 3 MP instead of 2MP, but I'll take that for the phenomenal performance at night. There is probably enough ambient light to run the 5231 is color only mode, which is really awesome.

Ordered on 3-19 from @EMPIRETECANDY and arrived in Michigan 3-23, awesome service! Definitely a believer in the Starlight series and will be ordering more.
the 3mp in the hikvision does not add much to the pixels per foot as most if it goes to the vertical fov....so they will be virtually the same in daylight, there is no gain with the extra megapixel..