accelerated playback freeze

myknownself

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have several cameras, most are old foscam and these seem to work fine in speeding up playback.

I have a Dahua HDW4231EM-AS recording at 6fps. When I accelerate past maybe 8x the video starts slowing, skipping, then freezes up but the slider keeps moving.

I had used find/inspect on setup and is using Dahua Main Stream RTSP if it matters.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have several cameras, most are old foscam and these seem to work fine in speeding up playback.

I have a Dahua HDW4231EM-AS recording at 6fps. When I accelerate past maybe 8x the video starts slowing, skipping, then freezes up but the slider keeps moving.

I had used find/inspect on setup and is using Dahua Main Stream RTSP if it matters.
is your cpu struggling? also uncheck "also bvr" in the camera properties video tab....

myknownself

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The task manager never showed the cpu pinging out, was showing 60% when sped up. Normal recording it's at 30% I think. This is a 2mp camera, unfortunately I don't have the model numbers of the other cameras on me to compare the video size, but they work fine in fast forward.

When I get back to the office I'll check that bvr setting. Not sure what it is, I'll look it up.

myknownself

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok so I unchecked the bvr option. Should that change playback on previous videos, or just going forward? Just checking as the previous videos still freeze up. I will have to give a bit to record new to test.

myknownself

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I brought up a better systems monitor and looks like maybe the cpu is hitting 100% freezing up the video for a split second and then dropping back to 60% and the task manager wasn't catching this.

The Dahua is recording at 1920 x 1080 at 6fps and the foscam at 1920 x 1080 15fps, yet the foscam doesn't have issues. It also didn't have the bvr checked.

The processor is a AMD Athlon II X4 610

myknownself

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It appears it's an issue with the H.265, I changed it to H.264 without smart codec and a key frame of 5 on 5fps and it plays just fine with barely a hit to the cpu cycles.

The bitrate is currently at 4k while the foscam is at 4m. Should I bump up the bit rate of the dahua or lower the foscam or just leave them be?