Access Unknown IP

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just purchased a no brand IP camera from my local kmart. It has one of the mini CD's and that will not work on my computer (as i do not have the little round spinner on my CD Drive)

The CD has a program to search the IP, but i cannot find it online. And random IP search tools do not work.

I use an iiNet BOB modem using the 10.1.1X range. The camera does not appear on my DHCP list.

Can anyone tell me the quickest and easiest way to find the camera address, and change it to 10.1X range for my network?

n4gry

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can put the mini CD into the normal CD Drive... Look at the drawer (when opened) and you will see that the mini CD will fit into the center and will play..... Good luck!!

Reaction score
I'm actually using an iMac running windows. The CD drive is on the side ..... It doesn't have a drawer that opens.

n4gry

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The center hole is the same size as the normal CD Just push it on and it should play...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ive dont use mac...but with a windows pc, you can hook the camera directly to the pc and change the network ipv4 to the common ip address subnets like 192.168.1.1 or 0.1 and you can then access the camera if its on that subnet.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you don't want to risk putting the CD in, than try going to the manufacturers website and see if you can download the software. If it has a static IP of some weird IP scheme, you will have to set your computer to the same in order to change it.