Accessing my ip cam from internet

Reaction score
hello, I know that this maybe this question was answered many times but my case is new I think. I bought a cam called convoy which I don't think it's a common type. anyway it works just fine but I can't access it from Internet although I made a forwarded port for it I can only access its configuration pag. but it streams on this url rtsp://localIP/av0_0&user=<user>&password=<pass>
but when I change that to WAN ip on the port I forwarded for the camera vlc can't load the stream. so can anybody help me. also the camera have p2p feature in a page in setting called "mobile" which requires UUID what is that and how can I use it for mobile because vlc mobile app isn't running so well. thanks in advance.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds like you forwarded port 80 which is for the camera's web pages. You also need to forward port 554 to make rtsp work.

The p2p feature probably involves the manufacturer's website, and you would have to check with them for how to use it.

Reaction score
thanx it actually worked :D
although I did it wrong and also changed camera's port to 554 and now i can't access its webpage :mad-new:
about the p2p the manufacturer's website isn't updated (last time it was updated was 2010 !) and it has no information about the camera.
I have another question though. the camera's zoom and focus features isn't working although they are included in its webpage ! what is the reason for such a thing ?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Often a camera manufacturer will share the same web pages between all their cameras and they don't bother to disable the features that are inaccessible on each individual model. It is very common for example to buy a fixed position camera that has non-functional pan-tilt-zoom controls in its web page, because the manufacturer uses the same page on its PTZ cameras.

If you can't get to the web interface now, you may need to find a factory reset procedure. Hopefully the camera has a reset button on it.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Why did you change the web port to 554? That's the RTSP port.
RTSP for the video stream, 80 for the web admin. When on the LAN. And mostly whatever you want if you're taking the risk of port-forwarding them.

Reaction score
Why did you change the web port to 554? That's the RTSP port.
RTSP for the video stream, 80 for the web admin. When on the LAN. And mostly whatever you want if you're taking the risk of port-forwarding them.
:D i don't know anything about networking basics . zero knowledge :D - although i'am taking a CSE class - and this is my first time in camera thing know that i know that 554 is for video stream and can't be used for setting i'd consider that when I get reach of that camera :D .

Reaction score
Often a camera manufacturer will share the same web pages between all their cameras and they don't bother to disable the features that are inaccessible on each individual model. It is very common for example to buy a fixed position camera that has non-functional pan-tilt-zoom controls in its web page, because the manufacturer uses the same page on its PTZ cameras.

If you can't get to the web interface now, you may need to find a factory reset procedure. Hopefully the camera has a reset button on it.
i know that know . but the camera is too high to reach :D thanks anyway you helped me a lot.