Accessing NVR attached cameras on network

CaliberGSD

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a lorex system in a clients business and have attached 2 x IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E to be used as License Plate Cams. I know I need to access the web client to be able to adjust the shutter speed. Issue is when I connect it to the NVR is sets the IP as a local IP (10.0.0....) to the NVR and I can not access it. If I plug it into their POE switch on network then I can (192.168.0.108) . I understand that I could add a separate POE switch for these two cameras to access but didnt know if there was a way to access them when connected to the NVR. Just would be cleaner that way. Customer does not want us to use his current POE network switch. ALSO, if possible to help here also.... The two IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E cameras dont populate a preview screen on the NVR screen like all the other cams. See pic. They are 20 & 21.

Attachments

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
enable virtual hosts and then it will be the ip of the nvr and a port number 192.168.1.100:64001

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
If its like a Dahua NVR with built-in PoE switch, there should be a link to the cameras from the NVR Registration page. On Dahua, its an IE icon. This will open the camera web interface.

regpage.jpg

Reaction score
OP - did you resolve this stuff? I am in the exact same spot. Also smart search does not work with my IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If its like a Dahua NVR with built-in PoE switch, there should be a link to the cameras from the NVR Registration page. On Dahua, its an IE icon. This will open the camera web interface.
Try this first.
It just works - no need for any messing with alternate cabling.