Accessing NVR locally and remotely

AKhan

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have Dahua NVR-5216 (thanks to Andy) and based on my limited knowledge of networking I have setup it as following for accessing it locally and remotely.

locally : through NVR local IP 192.168.XX.XX
remotely: using No-ip ddns-----xxxxx.ddns.net:xxxx

I have two devices setup in gDMSS app LOCAL and REMOTE. When home then I use local otherwise remote. I have my notification setup on LOCAL but I cannot access playback/image from the NVR when outside the network as the address is pointing to local IP address.

Is there a way to use only one access address that will connect with NVR based on my location (inside or outside network).

I apologize if this has been addressed or answered somewhere else as I could not find it.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I have Dahua NVR-5216 (thanks to Andy) and based on my limited knowledge of networking I have setup it as following for accessing it locally and remotely.

locally : through NVR local IP 192.168.XX.XX
remotely: using No-ip ddns-----xxxxx.ddns.net:xxxx

I have two devices setup in gDMSS app LOCAL and REMOTE. When home then I use local otherwise remote. I have my notification setup on LOCAL but I cannot access playback/image from the NVR when outside the network as the address is pointing to local IP address.

Is there a way to use only one access address that will connect with NVR based on my location (inside or outside network).

I apologize if this has been addressed or answered somewhere else as I could not find it.
DO NOT PORT FORWARD. You will get cyberjacked.

Please see the VPN notes.

Hi @AKhan

Figuring how to do this will take you a little DIY time. Do check out the VPN notes. You will want to run a VPN server on your router.