Acti NVR Model ENR-120 Network Setup Questions

Mardon

n3wb
Reaction score
I am in the process of setting up an Acti NVR (ENR-120,Firmware ENR-020-V4.03.06-AC) on my home network. I need help with two things. I can't get emailto send (and I need this for event notification purposes). Also, I can't get Acti's Mobile Client on myiPhone to connect to my NVR.

I have manually assigned ip addresses on my network. The NVR is at 192.168.2.80 using port 89. I can connect fine to the Acti NVR from my networkcomputers using Acti's IE-based client software. I have setup port forwarding of port 89 on my gateway router to192.168.2.80 and I use "no-ip" for my ddnsservice. I can connect without problem to the NVR from remote Internet addressesusing my no-ip domain.

In the email setup on the NVR I have tried accounts on severaldifferent SMTP servers. When I try to "Send Test Mail" I get the message,"Sending test mail failed...". All the email accounts, SMTP servers and port numbers that I have tried using forthe NVR email setup are working fine from the computers and mobile devicesconnected to my network. Email setupought to be simple, so I'm wondering if I do not have the correct DNS settingsentered into the NVR network setup. My networkgateway router is 192.168.2.1. I have a networkcable plugged into LAN2 on the NVR with a primary DNS setting of192.168.2.1. No secondary DNS server isentered. The PoE switch for my E-816Acti cameras is plugged into LAN1. Both the Gateway and DNS Settings for LAN1are set to 192.168.0.254. Both LANS havea status of "Activated" in the NVRs "Network" page.

I have configured Acti's Mobile Client on my iPhone using my"no-ip" domain name and port 89 (which, as stated previously, I can use to connect fine fromIE browsers on the Internet). When I tryto connect from the mobile client on my iphone, I get the message, "ERROR /Connection failed."

I've never setup an NVR and ip cameras before so I'm newto all this. Can anyone offer suggestions? Thanks

corkangel76

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
try changing you DNS server settings to googles, 8.8.8.8 as primary and 4.2.2.2 as secondary. See if that works.