Active Deterrence Series

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I suspect that the little CPUs in the 8MP are the same as in the 2MP and they struggle. Why else limit bitrate on just this camera LOL.

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
maybe run this command and see what is exactly in the 3849AS-PV
Code:
http://XX.XX.XX.XX/cgi-bin/magicBox.cgi?action=getSystemInfo
This topic may have been discussed many times but one will wonder why dahua put 1/2.8” CMOS image sensor in the 2MP and the 8MP range but put the 1/2.7” CMOS image sensor in the 4MP and 5MP range.

for the curious mind, examples of cpu used are below.. the 8mp model must have used a differnet cpu as none of the below is capable for 4K.

Maybe just avoid the 8MP model and stick with the 2MP one for better night time performance.

Code:
deviceType=IPC-HDW3249H-AS-PV
processor=HI3516CV500

deviceType=IPC-HDW5241H-AS-PV
processor=HI3516CV500

deviceType=IPC-HDW5541H-AS-PV
processor=HI3516DV300

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not sure about the Dahua deterrent series, but I’m using the Dahua Imou camera, with external hardwired relays for the siren/light control. I like the idea of triggering the alarm through the app, but the built-in speaker is useless imo for outdoor environments. Same apply for the light triggering (30sec flashing built-in leds). The camera small built-in speaker is used for both PA (speak) and siren, which will activate (within my mod) the siren if trying to use the speak section (I discarded the speak, since is not loud enough). Not sure about the dahua deterrence series, but the imou light only flashed for 30 seconds, not a real deterrent imo. I included both a relay/timer for the light section, activating an external spot lights for 2 minutes (trimmer adjusted for +/-), while added a relay for triggering the alarm for the default 30 seconds. I included a separate +12v alarm/driver with 15W speaker, installed inside the wall mount. If you need an extra-loud siren, just include an alarm +12v siren (remember to upgrade the power supply to 5A)595D956B-BE79-4C3E-AD90-8250068EC473.jpeg