Active X control option for Windows 10

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I upgraded my PC to MS Windows 10 and although I am still able to access the setup screens for my IP cameras (20 x Dahua), I have discovered that Windows 10 no longer supports active x and so can no longer view live video.
Solutions please?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I upgraded my PC to MS Windows 10 and although I am still able to access the setup screens for my IP cameras (20 x Dahua), I have discovered that Windows 10 no longer supports active x and so can no longer view live video.
Solutions please?
There is still an option to use IE in windows 10.

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Dave, my guess is you are trying to use Microsoft Edge browser (it does not support plugins) as it is set as your default browser in Windows 10. Start typing in Internet Explorer inside the windows search pain and it should pop up.

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I may have typed my response in the wrong box...
Anyway, many thanks for the quick replies but even now with IE, I still get a message in the centre of the screen telling me to download and install the webplugin, even after doing this. Is the problem Windows 10 or me?

marid2apterbilt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Type your cam ip address in "edge" when login screen appears clik the 3 "..." in upper right of browser window. the in the drop list that appears clik "open with internet explorer" A new Window will pop up with your cam login.

Only way ive found with Win 10 on my laptop after upgrading.

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank you marid2apterbilt, this is a good way to open Internet Explorer, although I did also find it in the All apps start menu under 'Windows Accessories'. The problem though is still after logging on to the camera, I have no video because it appears to me that Windows 10 does not allow the plugin to run. Please, is there anyone out there who has this problem and has found a solution?

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No replies..... I still have no video running IE in Windows 10 when connected to my Dahua cameras - active x functionality enabled within tools/Internet options but the plugin does not run on my PC.
Will somebody please put me out of my misery?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No replies..... I still have no video running IE in Windows 10 when connected to my Dahua cameras - active x functionality enabled within tools/Internet options but the plugin does not run on my PC.
Will somebody please put me out of my misery?
It works, make sure you are properly launching IE not edge and install the plugin..

ttplayer4life

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
1. Under "Windows 10', do not use Edge. Click on "windows" logo, "All Apps", "Windows Accessories", Open "Windows Explorer".
2. Click on gear symbol ("tools"), click on "Compatibility View Settings", enter in the IP address of your recorder box (ex., 192.168.0.xxx) and click "Add" button.
3. Under "Tools", click on "Internet Options" , select "Security" tab, click on "Trusted Sites" logo, click on "Custom Level" button.
4. Scroll down to "Active X controls and plug-ins". Click "enable" on the appropriate "Active X" control options. I believe I selected the following:
"Allow Active X filtering", "Allow previously unused Active X...", "Run Active X controls and plugins"
5. Select "OK" to exit all the screens open.

Be sure to close, re-open IE to enable selected changes. I hope this helps others.

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hey many thanks for your reply ttplayer4life
I discovered only a few days ago that my problem all along was that the Windows 10 on my PC had been damaged when I ran a PC clean-up program designed for XP. Most things worked normally but active X within IE didn't.

A few days ago, Microsoft launched a very major Windows update that has fixed the problem.

Thanks again for your reply
Dave Lonsdale