Acusense 2.0 and ColorVu 2.0

Jono83

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Two questions:

1) Any real world users of on camera Acusense 2.0? How do you rate the latest greatest Acusense AI regarding motion detection and the ever elusive goal of eliminating false alerts and better "type of object" detection (i.e. car vs person). Sounds like "2.0" has brought more capabilities to on cam Acusense.

2) ColorVu 2.0 just announced (I think) a couple of weeks ago. Any additional info besides press release?

Thx

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The Acusense 2.0 and ColorVu 2.0 haven't been released in the USA yet. I'd like to get my hands on a ColorVu 2.0 but refuse to pay for international shipping

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The you say AcuSense 2.0 are you just referring to AcuSense G2 models (G3 firmware) as these have been available for an age in the UK? If so they're good but not without flaws. There's a bizarre firmware issue where you set the motion detection (version 2 polygon not grid) and when you go back to it an undetermined time later, it's redrawn itself so you have to start from scratch. I still get some false alerts from shadow on line crossing and I've had foxes, hedgehogs filtered as humans. I have the ISU/SL versions with mic and speaker. There were some issues with the two way audio but this has now been found to be the NVR and a new build/patched version of 4.40.16 was made available for the I series that fixed it.

The G2 ColorVu (which include AcuSense) are supposed to be available in the UK in early December - the data sheet is attached.

Attachments

Jono83

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I saw a press release on Color Vu 2.0 which seems to be from 15 October (see attached).

Thought I also previously saw a reference to Acusense 2.0 which brought person detection to the on camera accusense (I believe first gen Acusense on camera was zone detection only). Maybe Acusense 2.0 is already available and its the ColorVu 2.0 that is just now coming out.

Attachments

HomieTheClown

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
These soon to be released Colorvu 2.0 cams are not network(ethernet POE) right? They are strictly for DVR systems? If that's true thats a shame.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I ordered 4 of these from my supplier in China and should have them by Monday. I'm excited to set one up and test it out.

These soon to be released Colorvu 2.0 cams are not network(ethernet POE) right? They are strictly for DVR systems? If that's true thats a shame.
These are all POE cams.

HomieTheClown

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I ordered 4 of these from my supplier in China and should have them by Monday. I'm excited to set one up and test it out.

These are all POE cams.
Cool. G2! Are they ColorVu 2.0 or just upgraded versions of the 2347G1 turret camera? I hope you can let us all know how they are.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
They are the NEW ColorVU G2 with Acusense. I think Hikvision literally just released these last week and aren't available anywhere in the US.

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If they have have SSH enabled, I'd be interested to see the result of a dmesg if you have time.

Or even better they have a TTY UART connector next to the SD card slot on the outside if you were happy to post a full log from uboot start.

Thinking about getting one myself when they are in the UK but would like to know how they compare on a technical basis with my current G3 (G2) Accuense.

Jono83

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
congrats coney27, can't wait for your updates on experience with these new bad boys!

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If they have have SSH enabled, I'd be interested to see the result of a dmesg if you have time.

Or even better they have a TTY UART connector next to the SD card slot on the outside if you were happy to post a full log from uboot start.

Thinking about getting one myself when they are in the UK but would like to know how they compare on a technical basis with my current G3 (G2) Accuense.
Your speaking too technical for me. Feel free to walk me through that and I'll try to post what I find

Spirch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Your speaking too technical for me. Feel free to walk me through that and I'll try to post what I find
when you will connect with a ssh client (google that) and type dmesg (google that too) in the console it will show the boot process of the camera and any other event up to the dmesg command

just make sure to "quickly" scan the LONG text that will show up and remove anything that look "sensitive"

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just mounted the cam outside.... mind you this is basically in full darkness.

20201120202308968_3b1b54c289da49009dc75d15cbd0ad57_D50118463.jpg

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
The G2 maybe not as good as G1 one, due to US ban, there has some very good chips has been stopped, so they move to some other chips supplier.
Anyway, i get some G2 to make some testing with the G1 around 2 weeks later.

ZeeCam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The G2 maybe not as good as G1 one, due to US ban, there has some very good chips has been stopped, so they move to some other chips supplier.
Anyway, i get some G2 to make some testing with the G1 around 2 weeks later.
Can you clarify what is not as good on G2? I have G1 and G2 turrets and G2 is a bit less noise and built-in mic.