Acusense 2.0 and ColorVu 2.0

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are these the new 4k version ?
No there’s no 4K ColorVu in the IP models. They’re the new gen 2 ColorVu models that include the AcuSense functionality as well, so you no longer have to choose one technology or the other.

jasona

n3wb
Reaction score
No there’s no 4K ColorVu in the IP models. They’re the new gen 2 ColorVu models that include the AcuSense functionality as well, so you no longer have to choose one technology or the other.
Ahh OK thanks confused myself with so much reading yesterday

I was looking at this new 4K bullet offering

I was just about to buy a number of these cameras for my network DS-2CD2347G2-L(U)

Are these new colorvu 2.0 ones an upgraded version so worth waiting for ?

Last edited:

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ahh OK thanks confused myself with so much reading yesterday

I was looking at this new 4K bullet offering

I was just about to buy a number of these cameras for my network DS-2CD2347G2-L(U)

Are these new colorvu 2.0 ones an upgraded version so worth waiting for ?
Edit: I'm completely wrong (it had to happen eventually!). Just had the mailshot from Hikvision now regarding the 4K ColorVu Bullet which also has AcuSense. Shame they don't do it in a turret.

jasona

n3wb
Reaction score
I saw a review about how the 4mp was the perfect number for the ColorVu to work well at night and they even tried 5MP before which wasn't as good, but it would be nice to have 4k daytime even if night viewing was no better than the 4mb ones.

So the new ColorVu 2.0 will they replace these DS-2CD2347G2-L(U) ?

I don't want to buy if there's something around the corner next gen.

jasona

n3wb
Reaction score

jasona

n3wb
Reaction score
Came a day early. I'll post a review after one is installed.
Is there a model number for these Coney ? I'm not sure of the model numbers I am already looking at are the same as they have a GEN2 code in the product code, I can already purchase these in the UK like this DS-2CD2347G2-L(U)

The ones you have received are they a newer version as they have only just been released like this news wire Hikvision releases ColorVu 2.0 cameras now with 4K and varifocal options ?

thankyou

Last edited:

timblaktu

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm in similar boat as @jasona, looking forward to more info on new turret model numbers and low-light 4k performance from @coney27, and looking to buy 3-4 ColorVu turrets for home system, wondering if I should wait for 2.0 variants. I'm going to need these within a month, so if it's a situation where I'll need to buy from China and update firmware to get them working, I'll probably just order the previous 4MP versions which from my research so far seem to inspire awe in every reviewer.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is there a model number for these Coney ? I'm not sure of the model numbers I am already looking at are the same as they have a GEN2 code in the product code, I can already purchase these in the UK like this DS-2CD2347G2-L(U)

The ones you have received are they a newer version as they have only just been released like this news wire Hikvision releases ColorVu 2.0 cameras now with 4K and varifocal options ?

thankyou
The ones I got in are the DS-2CD2347G2-LU.
These are brand new and appear to have only been officially released in the EU. This is the newest, second generation of ColorVu which now include Acusense. My manufacturing date for all 4 cameras are October of 2020.

Attachments

jasona

n3wb
Reaction score
The ones I got in are the DS-2CD2347G2-LU.
These are brand new and appear to have only been officially released in the EU. This is the newest, second generation of ColorVu which now include Acusense. My manufacturing date for all 4 cameras are October of 2020.
Thanks Coney

That would make sense for what I'm seeing in the UK where I can pick these up at the moment. The slight worry I had was that they don't say ColorVu 2.0 anywhere but the G2 is in the product code so I'm assuming Gen2 = ColorVu 2.0 ?

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks Coney

That would make sense for what I'm seeing in the UK where I can pick these up at the moment. The slight worry I had was that they don't say ColorVu 2.0 anywhere but the G2 is in the product code so I'm assuming Gen2 = ColorVu 2.0 ?
Hikvision doesn't use the term ColorVu 2.0. And yes the G2 in the model name means second generation.

jasona

n3wb
Reaction score

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

jasona

n3wb
Reaction score

I was just testing out the lowest shutter speed at 1/3rd with no LEDs and no ambient light. Apparently my property is haunted.:lmao:
:lmao::lmao:Haha I was wondering what that was for a second, I'm assuming at standard shutter speed the quality is a lot better :)

timblaktu

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. From what I can tell, none of the product literature for this model indicates Accusense or anything actually new. Does anyone know what's actually different and gen 2?

EDIT: I see now comparing to the G1 product literature that theG2 has 130dB dynamic range compared to the G1s 120dB. I assume there's some hardware reason for this.

As I am in the states I assume I'd need to order the gen2 model from a supplier in the UK? Any recommendations?

Last edited: