Acusense NVR Question

Vandoe

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So I just order 11 5 MP Acusense turret and dome cameras for my house. I was told to also get the acusense 16 channel NVR. Was stated that the AI features work better with this NVR vs the regular I series NVR. After searching on here I now see the limitations of the acusense NVR. But I can just use the camera acusense features instead of the NVR. Right? Should I try to swap out the NVR for the regular I series? Also, could I use the NVR to control 4 cameras but not for the remaining? Or is it all NVR or all camera? If not, is there any benefit at all by having an acusense NVR if all cameras would be controlling the AI?

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The accusense feature in cameras are controllable with an accusense NVR and can apply accusense to 4 non accusense cameras. Otherwise, you would have to log into the camera if you use a regular NVR because the regular NVR would only have the basic motion detection controls. Its not a big deal for some if they use a computer to set it up. but the accusense NVR was developed to control those features without having a separate computer to program the advanced motion detection features.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am not a Hikvision expert, but I think with a regular NVR, you will not be able to search events based on human or vehicle, they will just be events. Might or might not be important to you.

Also look at the bandwidth capability between the two NVRs - the regular may not be high enough to process all your cams, resulting in you having to downrez or lower bitrate (quality) to push the video streams thru.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So I just order 11 5 MP Acusense turret and dome cameras for my house. I was told to also get the acusense 16 channel NVR. Was stated that the AI features work better with this NVR vs the regular I series NVR. After searching on here I now see the limitations of the acusense NVR. But I can just use the camera acusense features instead of the NVR. Right? Should I try to swap out the NVR for the regular I series? Also, could I use the NVR to control 4 cameras but not for the remaining? Or is it all NVR or all camera? If not, is there any benefit at all by having an acusense NVR if all cameras would be controlling the AI?
Hi @Vandoe
( note, this is mostly for others who come here asking .. as I think you probably already know this .. )

To get the best interoperation between the Cameras and NVR you need to
1) Match OEMs of the cameras to the NVR ( which you're done )
2) Match the features / tier of the same OEM cameras to the NVR ( otherwise the NVR may not get the notifications, unable to communicate configuration settings, .. etc )

Thus you should look for the match of Acusense Cameras to the NVR.

Vandoe

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok thanks. Pairing acusense NVR with acusense cameras is hopefully the best option. Thank you all!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok thanks. Pairing acusense NVR with acusense cameras is hopefully the best option. Thank you all!
Thanks @Vandoe

When you get a chance after bench testing the kit, let us know more about how it works out.

Vandoe

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So I don’t believe the regular pro series acusense cameras have facial recognition on them but the acusense NVR can do this one one channel. Can I use the NVR for this one camera to control the AI facial recognition and then use all other AI functions from the cameras on the other channels?