AD110 Doorbell Camera

sjcarmich

n3wb
Reaction score
Just installed AD110.. straight forward and no issues using the "Smart Home" App. Picture quality is decent, and i was able to connect it to my BI set up as well.

However... in an attempt to change the IP address none of the Amcrest tools seem to work and I can NOT access set up for the camera via IP address via my browser. In a scan of my network connections i noticed that it shows the AD110 with a "Web Service" in the details section, while my other Amcrest cameras don't have this and i can change their IP addresses just fine. So... i'm missing something here, unique to the AD110 preventing me from entering the Amcrest Set up? Or is this indeed a unique "feature" of this camera...

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So... i'm missing something here, unique to the AD110 preventing me from entering the Amcrest Set up? Or is this indeed a unique "feature" of this camera...
I think they're proxying access to the camera via the app. I've had other Amcrest cameras that have a local password protected webserver which made it easy to administer the camera forever, even if Amcrest server goes away. I don't think that's the case with their doorbell camera line, as I've searched for the exact same thing you're looking for. These Amcrest doorbells work a lot like Nest/Ring, with the exception that the Amcrest has a local RTSP stream. But the administration of these are still via the app. If you block them from internet access, the RTSP stream is available to local LAN, but you won't be able to change the settings because it's only avilable via the app, and the app needs proxied internet access.

It sucks, and it's anti-consumer. I haven't seen any alternatives for doorbell cameras in this price range.

If you need to change the IP address, it's still only DHCPing your router. So you can change the IP via your router's admin page. I wasn't sure why you wanted to change the IP, or if you just wanted to give an example of why you wanted admin page access.

sjcarmich

n3wb
Reaction score
I think they're proxying access to the camera via the app. I've had other Amcrest cameras that have a local password protected webserver which made it easy to administer the camera forever, even if Amcrest server goes away. I don't think that's the case with their doorbell camera line, as I've searched for the exact same thing you're looking for. These Amcrest doorbells work a lot like Nest/Ring, with the exception that the Amcrest has a local RTSP stream. But the administration of these are still via the app. If you block them from internet access, the RTSP stream is available to local LAN, but you won't be able to change the settings because it's only avilable via the app, and the app needs proxied internet access.

It sucks, and it's anti-consumer. I haven't seen any alternatives for doorbell cameras in this price range.

If you need to change the IP address, it's still only DHCPing your router. So you can change the IP via your router's admin page. I wasn't sure why you wanted to change the IP, or if you just wanted to give an example of why you wanted admin page access.
Thanks for the response.... Yep, i removed the camera from the App (Smart Home) today figuring that might free it up for access and NOPE it didn't change a thing. You are correct, i really wanted access to the Admin Page which i did finally get to later today via Amcrest's Surveillance Pro App (PC), but still had... no way to change it to a different static IP address. I was able to gain access to some limited Admin functions though. I suspect your assessment is correct.. because of the the webserver function like Nest/Ring use on their doorbell cameras (which i was hoping to avoid..) but the good news still is... support of RTSP so i can use BI. Yep... time to make the change in the Router...

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Amcrest Smart Home(SH) app devices do not have a Web UI.
Most other Amcrest devices have a P2P option. Amcrest View Pro app on android/ios can use P2P(serial#) to access Amcrest devices either locally or remotely. Many Amcrest users use P2P because its easy and convenient. Amcrest Surveillance Pro can also use P2P. SH app appears to work about like P2P but it is not using the Amcrest P2P server. SH app is using SH server.
Only use SH app to change AD110 settings. If you try to use Amcrest IP Config or Surveillance Pro to change settings, you can brick the AD110 as reported in Amcrest.com forum. That and many other AD110 subjects are discussed there.
You should be able to set up a static IP address in router using AD110 MAC.
I don't have an AD110 but do have an Amcrest ASH21 camera which is SH.

megazone23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Am I missing something?
Isn't Amcrest AD110 a rebadge of Dahua DB11?

It should also work with Dahua iDMSS Plus or clones.
I just ordered that at from Walmart.com for $90, will see if that will work for me in adding to my Dahua NVR. I want to avoid using any cloud/Internet service as much as possible.

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No problem setting up a static IP for the AD110 via router/MAC address. Also no problem connecting AD110 to Dahua NVR. Live view via NVR and recording 24x7 work nicely. However, no motion events from the doorbell are captured by the NVR unfortunately (unless I'm missing something that enables it). Only via SmartHome app can you search/view motion capture clips from either the SD-Card or Cloud. App has no option to search the NVR for recordings.

Based on many reports here and elsewhere about the problems using other software besides SmartHome to configure the camera, I have not yet tried to configure the AD110 via the NVR, for image settings or encoding settings.

However, @mcorzine commented in this post that he was able to configure the AD110 via standard Amcrest/Dahua API commands to adjust image and encoding settings! So if the doorbell accepts these API commands without freezing the display (or worse), then it should from the NVR as well, but that remains to be tested.

EDIT: Correction - the NVR is capturing motion event timestamps from the doorbell as reported in the ALARM section, but there are so many... far more than the actual events listed in the SmartHome app. Not sure what I need to configure to make sense of this.

Last edited:

JoeT

n3wb
Reaction score
How were you able to get the alarm timestamps? I am getting the NVR to record 24x7 video, but oddly enough I don't get any event timestamps. No PIR motion sensing nor the button press events on the NVR. I do get them on the crappy AMCREST APP though.

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi @JoeT - I was able to get AD110 timestamps (start of motion & end) via the Alarm Menu. Under "Video Detection", you can enable Motion Detection Alarm timestamps. However, as I had mentioned previously, there are far more alarm timestamps recorded than are actually sent by the SmartHome app notifications. I suppose what is happening is that any motion at all is creating an alarm as it must be ignoring the motion filters configured in the app. So in other words, this is useless if you want to be notified of doorbell motion via the NVR. And no, doorbell push button events are not specifically recorded.

You can't use the AI menu to configure the AD110 for motion detection or alarms since none of the advanced settings like IVS are supported. It will say "Channel x unable to obtain configuration".

Others are having some success using Blue Iris for motion detection and notifications. Since we have an AD110 RTSP stream, this opens other avenues for advanced motion detection, including intelligent object/person detection. Currently, I am still using the AD110 native settings for motion detection AND doorbell pushes and having it send notifications to Tasker/SmartHome which then triggers actions in Home Assistant. I'm not all that satisfied with this method as there are still too many false positives, and will continue to look for alternatives.

JoeT

n3wb
Reaction score
Many thanks [U]@GaryOkie[/U] , based on your comments I was finally able to configure the motion detection alarm timestamps into my recording. I am getting exactly the same results as you mentioned. Too many alerts and no way to filter between them to actual useful stuff. It seems that the AMCREST app has some intelligent way of filtering them (based on PIR?) and reduce the false positives.

The performance of the AMCREST app for 2 way audio also seems crappy. gDMSS seems to Work much, much better.

Has anyone tried registering the camera initially on gDMSS as a Doorbell instead of using the AMCREST App OR straight flashing DAHUA firmware into this camera?

I am already using DAHUA cameras, NVR and gDMSS, so if I could do away with Amcrest Apps and Clouds, I would be satisfied.

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I doubt that the filtering is done in the app, but how it's done isn't entirely relevant. The issue is that alarm timestamps apparently don't play by the same filtering rules and just log everything that moves. Not sure what the point of that logic is, but it's not very useful.

I've not tried to register the AD110 with gDMSS, but I also don't have a problem with SmartHome app 2-way talk. I recall reading somewhere that someone had tried flashing their AD110 with Dahua DB11 firmware and it didn't work - not at all surprising, but at least he didn't brick it.

I too am using Dahua Starlights and NVR along with Amcrest with mostly local control. I block all my devices from the Internet except for the AD110 which needs a cloud service for 2-way talk. gDMSS would require a cloud service as well for 2-way audio and it apparently is working with the same dms.zencamcloud.com server that the AD110 connects to now. Not sure why it would be faster.

Last edited: