ADC 721W cam to Hikvision NVR - no motion detection

JoeScafone

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a ADC 721W camera added to my 7604 HikVision NVR but not able to get the motion detection to work. the camera is set up WiFi with ONVIF as mfg. What am i missing?

I have access to this camera's parameters and can update the firmware if need be, but wasn't sure which Vivotek firmware to use or if that would brick the camera completely.

Any suggestions?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Check if the camera actually generates ONVIF event notifications (many don't) by using the very good Windows open-source tool ONVIF Device Manager from sourceforge.net
Give ODM some valid logon credentials (top left of the main window) and it should find your camera automatically if it's on the same LAN as the PC.
Check out the available analytics rules if any under Rules.
Check out if any motion events get generated under Events, looking at the Topic detail for the associated Rule, and the Events detail itself.

Good luck!

JoeScafone

n3wb
Reaction score
Okay. Didn't work. I know the camera will trigger motion alerts as it did with Alarm.com

Was thinking updating the cam's firmware to mfg Vivotek might work as I've read that its firmware will work with Hikvision NVR

Problem is that the firmware for this cam is IB8331 and Vivotek doesn't have that version but does for IP8331. Would it hurt if I try that version, doesn't work, then reinstall ADC?

JoeScafone

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh. And thanks for your reply. I got into this camera's root by following the above blog that helped tremendously

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay. Didn't work. I know the camera will trigger motion alerts as it did with Alarm.com
OK, so ODM sees the camera, but there are no ONVIF analytics Rules or ONVIF Event Notifications?
ONVIF Events Notifications are related to, but are not the same facility as the usual motion detection functions.