add DS-2CD2432F-IW to NVR without plug into PoE port?

binh25

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi
I got a hkvision 8 port PoE NVR DS-7600 series
if I plug the camera to one of the PoE port the NVR will pick it up

but I want to place DS-2CD2432F-IW elsewhere in the house using wireless and a separate 12v power supply
and I want to be able to add it to the NVR and manage it from the NVR

the NVR wont let me do it even though it has 5 slot spare, but all the slot has been assigned by the NVR
even if no camera is plug into the PoE port

is there a way around it where I can delete one of the NVR port and add the wireless camera to it without plugin it into the PoE port?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
This might help:
[h=2]Re: Manually adding cameras[/h]
If you have an 8-channel NVR with 8 PoE ports, and want to access cameras on the LAN, and have 8 or less cameras in total, you will find that you cannot use 'Add' in the camera configuration for the LAN-connected cameras.
Instead, assuming that you know the LAN-connected camera IP address by either setting a static IP address directly or via DHCP reservations:
Pick one of the unused channels in camera configuration on the NVR, select/highlight it.
Use the 'Modify' button to change the mode to 'Manual' instead of 'Plug and Play'
Change the IP address to that of the camera you want to connect.
Leave protocol=Hikvision, set the username and password.
Click OK.
Check in Live View that the camera is connected.​

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well done.
They could have improved that part of the configuration menus or at least added a bit of explanatory text - it's not the most intuitive thing to do.

binh25

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hikvision manual is the worse manual I have ever read, all they tell you what you already know by looking at the screen and dont explain any of the NVR function so someone new can understand what a certain function do.

Most of the things I learn are from forum like these :)