Adding camera

timelinex

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got a professionally installed LTS NVR system at home (1U LTN8708Q1-P8 ). I want to add a camera and I am able to do it myself. I am just not sure what camera to get. I want something for outdoors that is good qaulity and as wide angle as I can get reasonably. I currently have LTS Professional bullet 2.6mm (CMIP9362W-28M I believe), and that is about $200. I was assuming I could probably get something either better or equivalent for cheaper if I am not required to stick with LTS.

Any recommendations?

Side note:
I've been thinking of adding even more cameras, which will put me at more channels than my current one. So if there is a recommendation of a 12/16 channel one that you guys think would be much better, I am open for that as well. I have no experience with other security software, but the back end on this one sucks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've got a professionally installed LTS NVR system at home (1U LTN8708Q1-P8 ). I want to add a camera and I am able to do it myself. I am just not sure what camera to get. I want something for outdoors that is good qaulity and as wide angle as I can get reasonably. I currently have LTS Professional bullet 2.6mm (CMIP9362W-28M I believe), and that is about $200. I was assuming I could probably get something either better or equivalent for cheaper if I am not required to stick with LTS.

Any recommendations?

Side note:
I've been thinking of adding even more cameras, which will put me at more channels than my current one. So if there is a recommendation of a 12/16 channel one that you guys think would be much better, I am open for that as well. I have no experience with other security software, but the back end on this one sucks.
You can do much better. That camera performs poorly in low light. Look for hikvision low light cams, darkfighter/colorvu...see threads