adding Coax cams with Cat5 to Coax adapters

utjoe7

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I'm now using Blue Iris with a mix of PoE cams and a couple older Coax cams. I'm using Altronix eBridge Cat5 to Coax adapters for the older cams. The switch sees the old cams but I cannot add the old cams to the Blue Iris setup. They are Vivotek cams, any ideas?

thank you.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm now using Blue Iris with a mix of PoE cams and a couple older Coax cams. I'm using Altronix eBridge Cat5 to Coax adapters for the older cams. The switch sees the old cams but I cannot add the old cams to the Blue Iris setup. They are Vivotek cams, any ideas?

thank you.
you need to find the proper url for the encoder...

pepperfr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

thank you.
I am not sure your "Altronix eBridge Cat5 to Coax adapters" will work in this application. At least, I couldn't find any Altronix eBridge devices online that are intended for this purpose. I think you will need a video server in order to provide a url to access the analog cameras. The servers are a little pricy, though. See example at the link below.
Vivotek VS8100 Mini Network Video Server | iPhone & Mac Viewing

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am not sure your "Altronix eBridge Cat5 to Coax adapters" will work in this application. At least, I couldn't find any Altronix eBridge devices online that are intended for this purpose. I think you will need a video server in order to provide a url to access the analog cameras. The servers are a little pricy, though. See example at the link below.
Vivotek VS8100 Mini Network Video Server | iPhone & Mac Viewing
good point...note that those specialized video encoders are crazy expensive...much better off getting a dahua pentabrid dvr for 120-200 depending on channels...this will allow the use HD CVI/TVI cameras as well...

utjoe7

n3wb
Reaction score
you were correct, I could not add the eBridge cams to the setup..

Another question?
I have another Vivotek cam that I can see in a browser window as a still but not as a camera stream, it 's IP does not show up in Blue Iris scan but does in a browser

Any ideas about the settings to add?

see pics

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Another question?
I have another Vivotek cam that I can see in a browser window as a still but not as a camera stream, it 's IP does not show up in Blue Iris scan but does in a browser

see pics
what model?

pepperfr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Another question?

see pics
You might try the settings in the attached screenshot. I think our Intellinet cams are upgraded Vivoteks. For username and password, try admin admin.

Attachments

utjoe7

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you, I will try tonight.., attached is a pic of the cam, Vivotek but not sure what model,
maybe Vivotek IP8371E or similar discontinued

Attachments

utjoe7

n3wb
Reaction score
thank you all for your help, I was able to ascertain the Model numbers of the cams, then I downloaded firmware updates to the 2 Blue Iris didn't recognize, after update, I could add all to Blue Iris... all is good