Adding second ip camera - port forward - no NVR

wasssu

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm adding the second camera to the switch and the switch is connected to the router, no NVR involved.
For the first camera I forwarded the default ports Ports: TCP: 37777 UDP: 37778 HTTP: 80 RTSP: 554 HTTPS: 443 (from internet I'm connecting via browser to the port 8001 so I have forwarded like this local-ip-camera internal port 80 external port 8001; I'm also connecting using mobile app DMSS, camera added via qr code scan).
By adding the second camera, what ports should I forward? I should use the same internal port 80 like for example local-ip-camera2 internal port 80 external port 8002?
Thanks

MyDaHua

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yes, you have to use different port from WAN to LAN IP - PORTS

wasssu

n3wb
Reaction score
I wanted to know if I should use the same ports or change them. Of course I should use a different port that 8001 for the second cam, but the internal port 80 should be the same? What about the other ones (non sure what P2P is using, DMSS app)
Thanks

MyDaHua

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
internal ports can be the same because are on different IP

MyDaHua

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It is better to setup a vpn server - connection to internal lan if possible...

wasssu

n3wb
Reaction score
It would have been nice to have a router with vpn feature but I have the ont from digi and I want less equipment as possible in that remote location where the cams are.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm adding the second camera to the switch and the switch is connected to the router, no NVR involved.
For the first camera I forwarded the default ports Ports: TCP: 37777 UDP: 37778 HTTP: 80 RTSP: 554 HTTPS: 443 (from internet I'm connecting via browser to the port 8001 so I have forwarded like this local-ip-camera internal port 80 external port 8001; I'm also connecting using mobile app DMSS, camera added via qr code scan).
By adding the second camera, what ports should I forward? I should use the same internal port 80 like for example local-ip-camera2 internal port 80 external port 8002?
Thanks
Hi Wasssu

DO NOT Port forward, your systems WILL eventually get hijacked.

Please see the VPN notes in the wiki, this is how you can reduce your exposure.