Adding sound to my ptz

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a Dahua 30x PTZ (30X Elite 2MP IP Network Smart PTZ - IPPTZ-EL2IR30X-D2US) it is powered by an inline poe switch which is IEEE 802.3at compliant and want to add a mic for audio. The camera is trained on a birds nest and I want to capture the environmental sounds. The mic I have is similar to this one:
Wsdcam High Sensitive Audio Pickup Device Microphone for Security Camera CCTV... | eBay
How do I look this up so that it gets power from my poe power supply which is the more powerful
IEEE 802.3at Version?

Thanks,
Tubac

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for the the tut link, but my circumstance is a bit different.
I have a 24v PTZ that is powered by a IEEE802.3at compliant injector and I want to add a 12v microphone with rca plugs to the camera. Much like like the tutorial you sent but with a camera that is powered by a 24v injector.Do I need a IEEE802.3at compliant splitter that will work with a 12v mic or do I need to find a 24v mic that will work with my 24v PTZ?

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for the the tut link, but my circumstance is a bit different.
I have a 24v PTZ that is powered by a IEEE802.3at compliant injector and I want to add a 12v microphone with rca plugs to the camera. Much like like the tutorial you sent but with a camera that is powered by a 24v injector.Do I need a IEEE802.3at compliant splitter that will work with a 12v mic or do I need to find a 24v mic that will work with my 24v PTZ?
I'll draw you a schematic tomorrow from work with the layout and hardware required.

SD

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.