Adjust Brightness/Name/etc on Halo/RCA Doorbell Cam

HelloAgain

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is it possible for Blue Iris to adjust the brightness and other parameters on these doorbell cameras? From what I can tell, the management port is 8000. I've tried toying with the 'event schedule' to set the brightness level, but that doesn't work.

I did a packet capture, but couldn't gather any helpful information from it.

My objective is to kick up the brightness at night, because there's a bit too much light to allow the IR LED's to come on. However, if I raise the brightness... things look great. Unfortunately, the only way I've found to change the brightness is via the LaView NVR which I won't have much longer.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it possible for Blue Iris to adjust the brightness and other parameters on these doorbell cameras? From what I can tell, the management port is 8000. I've tried toying with the 'event schedule' to set the brightness level, but that doesn't work.

I did a packet capture, but couldn't gather any helpful information from it.

My objective is to kick up the brightness at night, because there's a bit too much light to allow the IR LED's to come on. However, if I raise the brightness... things look great. Unfortunately, the only way I've found to change the brightness is via the LaView NVR which I won't have much longer.
port 8000 is used exclusively by laview apps. if it doesnt work using the regular hikvision selections from the dropdown then you would have to give the developer access to the camera and see if he can implement it.

HelloAgain

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you. I shot support an email, hopefully they will get back to me.