admin trough BI app?

Great

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
what has happen to my server, every user that uses the BI app gets admin view, they can see all camera groups even when they maybe should have only access to 1 or 2 cameras.

When i test all users in web login, it works fine, but in the app everybody see everything

not god security, this is very bad that it can happen

Any solutions??

Great

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i have done that, also reinstalled the BI but used the same config so the problem still remains, its a lot of work to put in 18 cameras again, strange thing is that it works fine with the weblogin.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i have done that, also reinstalled the BI but used the same config so the problem still remains, its a lot of work to put in 18 cameras again, strange thing is that it works fine with the weblogin.
Huh?
Dont reinstall, you need to install an older update file..to revert back to an older version
You DONT have to set anything up again..you never do...you can backup the entire config..

Great

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok, sounds nice, where can i find older updates and how do i do that?

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
upload_2017-4-17_8-34-55.png

Export Settings to Export your camera settings i.e. a backup

Great

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thank you, i just run the file, and server started up again did not imported settings again, do i need to do that?

But my main problem is solved every user only sees the cameras they are alloved to. THANK YOU!!!!

have not you had any problems with this issue?

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you have BI setup and working on your system, Export the settings then if you were to install BI from scratch you would use the import option. If all you've done is an update then if the system already had the settings they should still be there. If your system didn't have any settings you will need to import your saved settings you made with all your camera setting in. Also it's good practice to "Deactivate" your BI (if your doing a full reinstall) then "Activate" it again with your product key when you reinstall.

Great

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok, i didnt deactivate when i just uninstalled it and reinstalled it yesterday, but it seems to work fine, remembered that i deactivated it when i changed Server/computer.