advice for a newbie needed

Adon

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi! I started to build a CCTV system for my house and need some advices. I'm reading this forum for a while, therefore I purchased for test one Trendnet and a couple of Hikvision cameras. All of them are great and meet my expectations, however... I'm unable to configure all of them in one software. Ideally I'd like to install hikvision software as it's free on my home server, but this doesn't want to work with my Trendnet camera. It shows authentication error. Same situation on Blue iris and a couple of other solutions. Camera works well through the browser, but it's not a solution (apart from the fact that even then I cannot use hikvision and trendnet in the same time).
Any advices?
The Trendnet camera is TV-IP311PI and I've read in a couple of places, that this is the rebranded Hikvision, so I started to think if, perhaps, installing the Hikvision firmware wouldn't solve my issues. What are you thoughts?
And another question - if I use Hikvision iVMS or Blue Iris, would it be possible to set up the connection to my system from android mobile over the internet?

Many thanks in advance for all the help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue iris will work with your trendnet camera. Trying to install hikvision firmware onto the trendnet may brick it...in the past, rebradned hikvision cameras, laview, and others work with ivms as well. Blue iris has a built in webserver. IVMS is supposed to as well but i havent seen anyone mention using it. Blue iris needs a more powerful pc than ivms, but is much more flexible than ivms.

Adon

n3wb
Reaction score
I've already tested - it doesn't want to work with my Trendnet camera, hence the question.