Advice for indoor camera

Martin7

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

The use case might be unusual but due to having sleeping problems I would like to record myself during sleep.

I´m looking for a simple camera which is able:

• record up to 8-10hours in FHD on a SD-card like a Foscam FI9821W (had this camera once which basically fullfills my requirements except the resolution should be better).
  • Has IR-LED´s of course
  • Sound-Recording
No need for Wifi or anything.

At least at the Foscam it was possible to set fixed recording times each day which would be convinient.

Any tipps?

Martin

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I suggest you consider the Amcrest IP2M-841 (re-branded Dahua) . It's ONVIF compatible, provides RTSP, is 1080p, IR, has micro-SD card slot, 2-way audio (built-in speaker and mike) plus mike in/speaker out jacks, has pan/tilt/digital zoom, wired or wireless and has alarm in/out, great with Blue Iris, VLC, etc. Available in white, black or silver for under $60.

I have installed it and it's lower-res cousin (720p) , the IPM-721 at 5 locations in 3 years with no hiccups

EDIT 4/1/21: V3 of the IP2M-841 does NOT provide relay I/O nor jacks for an external mic and speaker.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

The use case might be unusual but due to having sleeping problems I would like to record myself during sleep.

I´m looking for a simple camera which is able:

• record up to 8-10hours in FHD on a SD-card like a Foscam FI9821W (had this camera once which basically fullfills my requirements except the resolution should be better).
  • Has IR-LED´s of course
  • Sound-Recording
No need for Wifi or anything.

At least at the Foscam it was possible to set fixed recording times each day which would be convinient.

Any tipps?

Martin
Welcome @Martin7

I'd second Tony's suggestion - nice thing is that it does not need to be connected to the internet so you can retain your privacy.

Martin7

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi ;),

I need to mention that I´m from Europe so not all cameras like the Amcrest are available for me unfortunately...

I´ve found the Foscam R4M so far and the Hikvision HiWatch HWC-P120-D/W - I do know that Foscam is not the best product..just trying to figure out which would fit best.

Last edited: