Advice for setting up a whole house system

mm5300

n3wb
Reaction score
I know there's a lot out there on these various steps I'm looking for, but figured I'd see if I can get some suggestions/advice. Plus I have seen some good info on some of the stuff I want to do, but figured I'd confirm that is the way to go. I'm trying to set up a whole indoor/outdoor camera system that I can integrate into Alexa. Here's what I currently have:

5 indoor Foscam cameras (I know people seem to hate these, but they've worked well for me)
1 outdoor dome camera (some China brand, don't really intended on using it)
1 Ring doorbell camera (again, I know people have strong opinions on this, but I'm not forced to use it, I had just gotten a good deal on it)

I really want to set up the system for all cameras to be seen on an decent app and use Alexa to view the cameras on my TV when I want. I have several pc's that run 24/7, so from what I've read, I should start with Blue Iris on a pc. I'm not looking to have recording or motion detection, etc right now, but would like the option. It's more for checking on my pets and around the house in general.

My main questions are:
1. Can I put the cameras to my TV using Blue Iris, and if so, how involved is it?
2. What are the recommendations on outdoor cameras. I'd like to do 4 cameras, at least 2 having PTZ

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome. Thanks for your time!