Advice on cameras i should be looking at.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@nbstl68
...I don't own a PTZ v2 bro. However, the camera produces such (imo) good output and the PTZ feature allows this camera to serve such a multitude of function (LPR for instance) that I have to recognize it as a very good unit. Yes, there are a lot of failure reports...but sheesh...it's only $150.00 or so. I will definitely be purchasing a PTZ v2 in the future, but I will probably wait for v3 or make certain I get one with the external POE dongle.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing...I like the design, price and "theoretical" function of the PTZ v2...but I'll wait for a future (who knowswhen)V3 to see if stability, glitch or firmware miracles occur. If they just worked well with good resolution, I'd like to have e them for all my hose cams for max flexibility to change views.

I'm leaning toward fixed turret cams now because of talk about ir reflection of domes I think there are l some mini ptz domes..but would love to find a mini ptz turret if that exists.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...I'm leaning toward fixed turret cams now because of talk about ir reflection of domes I think there are l some mini ptz domes..but would love to find a mini ptz turret if that exists...
Longse LRDC60S500 is your best bet ***IMO***

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Longse LRDC60S500 is your best bet ***IMO***
Sounds like it for good night image but I don't see a PTZ or auto varifocal turret version ...just fixed lense for the 5mp. They have a varifocal 3mp.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sounds like it for good night image but I don't see a PTZ or auto varifocal turret version ...just fixed lense for the 5mp. They have a varifocal 3mp.
3MP not the same.

IMO if you want PTZ and good night image then Huisun/Imporx is a great camera but just not as reliable as the established brands. But then for under $200 it's a bargain.

I wish I hadn't started that IMO thing the other day btw!

Redemption

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Del Boy, as mando209 mentioned, I made a mistake. I thought you made a comment twice when in fact klasipca mentioned it once and then you made similar comment. I can swallow my pride "My pride fellas, will not swallow anything else :)" and apologize for jumping the gun. While I do not have much of a defense, I will offer this. I frequent allot of forums, in fact forums is my goto when i want to learn about any product. Some things are constant on all forums, no matter the theme or niche of the forum. 95 percent of the people are there to help. However, there is always a small percentage of people in every forum that love messing with new people. I have learned that just like in real life, you meet those individuals head on. Usually after first encounter, they find someone easier to mess with and I am free to participate and learn. Based on what I have read you do not fit that category and I apologize for being an ass. I always try to read and I am a fast learner, you cannot blame a person for wanting the clifnotes. Just expedites my learning process. So far, I am undecided as Originally I wanted to know how the Ubiquity g3 stacks up to other cameras. I am reading about a lot of great cameras here with great potential, but they all seem to fall short in an area that is important to me. For example, love the mini ptz v2, offers great picture and ptz at a price that is unheard of; however, the camera has reliability issues. Before I came to the forum, PTZ was not on my list of "must have" now it is, it will not buy a mini ptz v2, but will end up with some sort ptz camera. Maybe one of those with auto tracking, now that would be cool lol Then there are the stand alone cameras, 4 megapixels, they offer the same image quality as the Ubiquity, maybe 50 dollars less but for the savings i have to jump hoops that I rather not jump. So it brings me full circle and makes me want to purchase the G3 again since I have not read any negative reviews and it appears to be a solid camera with no issues. Plus I can buy in the us for about 140 dollars. I admire what you all do here, but for me is not a hobby, I want to purchase the best camera I can purchase and it does not need to be the cheapest camera. Best camera for me, one with good night vision, one with great day picture and would like one to read tags.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Lol, what did I mention once or twice? I just replied to DelBoy comment that while his comment was a bit harsh there was truth into that. If you are starting out with IP cams, get Hikvision cam, might get disappointed with night vision, come back here and try something riskier such as mini PTZ.

Redemption

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Lol, what did I mention once or twice? I just replied to DelBoy comment that while his comment was a bit harsh there was truth into that. If you are starting out with IP cams, get Hikvision cam, might get disappointed with night vision, come back here and try something riskier such as mini PTZ.

Lol I said you mentioned that once and he said something similar. Anyway, this is one of those things will never go away lol PS. Klapisca you have been of great help as well as everyone else on the thread and for that I thank you.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
... Some things are constant on all forums, no matter the theme or niche of the forum. 95 percent of the people are there to help. However, there is always a small percentage of people in every forum that love messing with new people. I have learned that just like in real life, you meet those individuals head on. Usually after first encounter, they find someone easier to mess with and I am free to participate and learn. Based on what I have read you do not fit that category and I apologize for being an ass...
We understand bro...it's just like prison...you have to beat the Qrap out of the first person who fuQs with you.
943.gif

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Lol I said you mentioned that once and he said something similar. Anyway, this is one of those things will never go away lol PS. Klapisca you have been of great help as well as everyone else on the thread and for that I thank you.
It's already forgotten. I know at times I am a little too curt but my intentions are to save you money as there are so many rip-off shops out there selling 900TVL crap or Axis or Sricam/Foscam complete rubbish. I don't even like Hikvision anymore but it's still a good first system and plenty of support on here.

If you are happy with tinkering a little then a Dahua NVR IMO will be better as it's more ONVIF complaint than Hikvision. Will make adding less reliable cameras (which we all own) at a later date.