Advice on cameras i should be looking at.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
U can check out nelly's secruity,wrightwood secruity or that milkisbad dude who deals for the lts company:)
+1 on the LTS or Nellys who both sell Hikvision Western Region products at not much more than the AliExpress stores.

Redemption

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you gentleman for your posts, I do appreciate the feedback. It was not my intention to start a flame war. For the record, I know my way around the law and if someone needed sued, I would not need an attorney to do so. Pro Se all the way :) However, there is no right or wrong in this issue, only a matter of personal preference. In my case, I rather purchase a product from a company that has the cameras in the us and preferably I can have them overnight.

Thanks all for input and feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Noobs shouldn't be purchasing Longse or Imporx. Noobs should be sticking to Dahua or Hikvision or similar for their first systems and really should be getting it local.
Exactly we all been there. Once you graduated from Hikvision/Dahua subpar night vision school, you can try riskier options with more bang.

Redemption

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Exactly we all been there. Once you graduated from Hikvision/Dahua subpar night vision school, you can try riskier options with more bang.

Your videos and pictures speak as to the quality of the cameras you favor. Based on those I would say that they are great cameras and certainly worth considering. Of course there is more to a good camera than a great picture, but only time determines how good cameras truly are. However, I do not recall a time when I was swayed to purchase a product in order to avoid a label. While on the topic of labels, fanboy seems to be one used for people that think that only one company is able to produce the best products in the market. That comment is not meant for you Klasipca as you have clearly done your homework and gone the extra mile to test products. People like me "noobs" benefit tremendously from the thorough product reviews.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Your videos and pictures speak as to the quality of the cameras you favor. Based on those I would say that they are great cameras and certainly worth considering. Of course there is more to a good camera than a great picture, but only time determines how good cameras truly are. However, I do not recall a time when I was swayed to purchase a product in order to avoid a label. While on the topic of labels, fanboy seems to be one used for people that think that only one company is able to produce the best products in the market. That comment is not meant for you Klasipca as you have clearly done your homework and gone the extra mile to test products. People like me "noobs" benefit tremendously from the thorough product reviews.
Once you have graduated from basic IP school then you'll be good to go with some other stuff.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
They also suffer the consequences why the cameras die or fail. There is more than one good brand. However, unless you want to climb up and tinker with the cams each week, buy a reliable brand.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
They also suffer the consequences why the cameras die or fail. There is more than one good brand. However, unless you want to climb up and tinker with the cams each week, buy a reliable brand.
It wouldn't be a hobby if everything was perfect.

Redemption

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Very well put. My days of tweaking constantly are over, I was just talking recently to a friend about the good old overclocking days. I gave that up about 15 years ago, where as he still loves squeezing every MHZ he can from his CPU's. I do not mind a week or two of tweaking, but after that, I am done.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Q2U, do I assume the reason the Longse you like has much better night video is primarily due to the 1/1.8" SONY IMX178 vs most of the others in this price range or under only having maybe 1/3 sensors at best?
Also noticed it provides H.265...Do you use that and if so does it really provide as much additional compression as advertized while keeping the image quality?

Is there any such thing as a U.S. sold "western version" Longse or are they only Chinese direct?

Also wondering why the PTZ V2 is on your favorite list? Tons of posts about that cam in this forum but it really sounds hit & miss, finicky and a lot of product or function fails. I'd really like one but seems like getting one that does not have issues eventually ( or maybe just needs a lot more tweaking, experience and tlc to make it work right to be fair) is uncommon.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Q2U, do I assume the reason the Longse you like has much better night video is primarily due to the 1/1.8" SONY IMX178 vs most of the others in this price range or under only having maybe 1/3 sensors at best?..
@nbstl68 Yes, I believe so. It seems the Sony IMX178 does an excellent job in low-light conditions. This, along with it's 5MP resolution, makes the Longse LRDC60S500 a winner IMO. In addition, IMO "S500" is not a very effective way to describe the Longse LRDC60S500 camera because (it appears to me) that Longse has named a number of their cameras "S500" with the six (6) digits preceding the "S500" string indicating the camera's Model Number and the "S500" string denoting that the camera incorporates the Sony IMX178 sensor. For example...

• LIV60S500 (an IMX178, 5MP 60, meter IR Bullet)
  • LBL90S500 (a fugly IMX178, 5MP 90, meter IR Bullet which I think I'll buy next)
  • LBH48S500 (an IMX178, 5MP 40, meter IR Bullet)***
  • LRDC60S500 (the (an IMX178, 5MP 40, meter IR turret we are discussing)
***Did you see "Q's Cheap Camera Shootout?" The LBH48S500 is -- one of-- the El Cheapo IMX322 BeSafe's big brothers I believe!

...Also noticed it provides H.265...Do you use that and if so does it really provide as much additional compression as advertized while keeping the image quality?...
I don't know...I don't run H.265...I run it with the firmware setting "Codec H264:2592x144".

...Is there any such thing as a U.S. sold "western version" Longse or are they only Chinese direct?...
No, I don't believe so .

...Also wondering why the PTZ V2 is on your favorite list? Tons of posts about that cam in this forum but it really sounds hit & miss, finicky and a lot of product or function fails...
I don't own a PTZ v2 bro. However, the camera produces such (imo) good output and the PTZ feature allows this camera to serve such a multitude of function (LPR for instance) that I have to recognize it as a very good unit. Yes, there are a lot of failure reports...but sheesh...it's only $150.00 or so. I will definitely be purchasing a PTZ v2 in the future, but I will probably wait for v3 or make certain I get one with the external POE dongle.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Didn't you say that already? I can see why you have so many posts. ;)
I repeated it because (stupidly IMO) you ignored it.

When you need help later then you can ask someone else with that attitude. Most my posts are helping people who have issues with their system because they didn't take the easy route and don't know what their doing. You're asking for help here, not me...

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

When you need help later then you can ask someone else with that attitude. Most my posts are helping people who have issues with their system because they didn't take the easy route and don't know what their doing. You're asking for help here, not me...
Del Boy deserves forgiveness and redemption Redemption dog03.gif

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
We really do need new members to start reading stickys and using the search function. The most people question is always a variation of what's the best camera?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We really do need new members to start reading stickys and using the search function. The most people question is always a variation of what's the best camera?
"What's the best survival gun?"

The gun which best meets your requirements...please read this FAQ."

"What's the best knife?"

The knife which best meets your requirements...please read this FAQ."

"What's the best lawnmover?"

The lawnmover which best meets your requirements...please read this FAQ."

"What's the best IP camera?"

The IP camera which best meets your requirements...please read this FAQ."

Redemption

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

I did not see you provide any help on the thread, in fact your only post was to mumble something about noobs. I think I can live without your help. Heck I almost wished you would have ignored my post, but then again, you need to bump that post count, doubt you would pass a chance on saying something. Even if what you said did not answer any of the questions asked ;)

Pst. On my forums when people with high post counts start running away new members, and they start yaping about making people read blah blah blah, I can them from the site. Nobody is forcing you to answer. Several people where gracious enough to post and give me good information, yet you offer no help and the sole purpose of your posting is to label me? Go and bump your post count elsewhere and feel free to ignore all my posts. I can care less what you have done in the past for other people. I only see what you have done on my thread and I must say that I am not impressed. This will be the last time I address you on my post as I did not come here to educate you on internet etiquette. Have your last say and kindly move on and ignore me until the end of time.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I did not come here to educate you on internet etiquette.
I think you're the one who needs to learn about manners. Go back to your own forum if you're such a big deal there, things operate differently here. Obviously your forum is about personally attacking people rather than trying to help others. So far you have offered absolutely nothing but I'm not judging you am I? You don't own this post either. We post here to share knowledge and stop others making mistakes we make when we were noobs.

My advice stands about people new to IP cameras, maybe you didn't read it properly or more likely you just were too arrogant or stupid to fully understand and appreciate it. Others have also said the same, so I guess they were all wrong. Ignore it if you wish, that's your choice.

Bye bye.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Lol this started when klasipca and Del Boy said same thing about "once u graduated from basic ip school"and redemption thought Del Boy said it twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redemption

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Moving on with he show :) The mini PTZ V2. looks really good, but I am concerned with reliability. I did read on Amazon that if one separates the power that the camera works without issues. Would not mind having two of those, the rest may be Hikvision. I will do some more reading over the next day or two and hopefully place an order this week. More than likely I will purchase from an US vendors in the forum.

Thanks all for the help and sound advice.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They also sell the huisun cam with alarm input.u could connect a pir sensor to it.but the alarm input version is about $40-$50 more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk