Advice: Web access to EyeSurv NVR

corkangel76

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm going to be traveling extensively for a month or so, and want to be able to monitor/review my cameras remotely. I have an 8 Port EyeSurv NVR. I know I've read users being cautioned to not expose port 80 to the web for obvious reasons.

Do you have any suggestions how I should go about getting remote access to the system while I'm gone? VPN and remote access to a PC aren't an option, as the system is locked in a cabinet with no other computers on the network.

TIA!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to be traveling extensively for a month or so, and want to be able to monitor/review my cameras remotely. I have an 8 Port EyeSurv NVR. I know I've read users being cautioned to not expose port 80 to the web for obvious reasons.

Do you have any suggestions how I should go about getting remote access to the system while I'm gone? VPN and remote access to a PC aren't an option, as the system is locked in a cabinet with no other computers on the network.

TIA!
Does your router support vpn? Otherwise use a high number port and hope for the best..