AEVision NVR and Amcrest IP2M-844E

Reaction score
I have am 8 Channel AEVision NVR that supports all ONVIF protocols and several different brand cameras currently installed and working fine with it. Just bought an Amcrect IP2M-844E which really impressed me with it wide field of view and for the life of me I can not get it to display an image in the NVR.
I have contacted Amcrest who have so far been proven to be beyond useless, The NVR can find the IP camera but can not connect.
I also tried connecting to it with ONVIF Device Manager software (love this software and it usually saves me when trying to figure out streams and paths, etc), but was unable to connect with it either.
Anyone else had this issue or any suggestions?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I also tried connecting to it with ONVIF Device Manager software (love this software and it usually saves me when trying to figure out streams and paths, etc), but was unable to connect with it either.
If it doesn't work with ODM, and you have the logon credentials correct, then it sounds like the camera isn't properly compliant.
No 'ONVIF Authentication' options in the camera web GUI?
Just bought an Amcrect IP2M-844E which really impressed me with it wide field of view
There are plenty of other good cameras out there, across different price points.
Maybe time to see if you can return it? If it claims ONVIF compatibility but isn't.

Reaction score
While I agree and I may be returning the camera, I was first hoping someone might know the trick. I was able to get it to work in Blue Iris no problem at all. But I would like it working with the NVR.

The only option in the camera web GUI is to make it ONVIF enabled. Which I did, and it is.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Many thanks for sharing.
And was that a problem with ODM as well? If so, it erases the thought about ONVIF compatibility.

Reaction score
Yes that was how i figured it out actually. Love ODM! Helps out when nothing else seems to work. Anyhow, I tried different username password combinations until it let me in. Nothing like time to kill in front of a computer screen!