after updating to Windows 10 not remote access

Irisuser

n3wb
Reaction score
I have used BI webserver for several years. I am familiar with the BI settings and my router settings to make this work. After updating to Win10 I can not log in remotely, phone of web page, seem Win10 locked down more Internet things. What am I missing?

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have used BI webserver for several years. I am familiar with the BI settings and my router settings to make this work. After updating to Win10 I can not log in remotely, phone of web page, seem Win10 locked down more Internet things. What am I missing?

Thanks
Welcome to the forum. If you are using the windows firewall make sure its open for blue iris. Also ensure the pc has the same ip address as before.

Dc4

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep. It could even be something as simple as switching from a wired connection, to a wifi connection on the BI computer or vice versa. It needs to be the same local IP address as before, otherwise your port forward in your router won't point in the right direction.

Irisuser

n3wb
Reaction score
After more poking around in remote access testing here is what I found

Remote Access Test.JPG

Canyouseeme displays the correct IP Address

When I choose test again below is the response.

Web server.JPG

What is supposed to be in the "net status" box?

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Irisuser Irisuser You dont need to use the blue iris wizard. Post an image of your routers port forward settings. Post an image of your blue iris webserver tab (redact only the WAN address)

Dc4

n3wb
Reaction score
Probably confusing the WAN addy with the LAN.

Irisuser, we are talking about your computers local IP address. It needs to be the same as it was before. Something like 192.168.x.x Like fenderman says, if you look on your WebServer options tab page, it will show you your local address. Your port forward in your router needs to use that IP address.

Irisuser

n3wb
Reaction score
Disabling firewall did not work, I reset the firewall back to default, then set webserver to port 81 and it works
Weird thing is I had it set to 81 several times. Thanks for the input.

Irisuser

n3wb
Reaction score
I was wrong, I can only login when I am om my LAN, still can not get in from the outside.

Mocard

n3wb
Reaction score
When you're trying to connect from outside.. are you using the IP or a domain name forwarding service ? I have the same issue right now at home with godaddy setup after going to Win10.. however If I type in my static IP I can get on just fine. All I did was upgrade to Windows 10.. static IP is all the same on my PC and internet.

Irisuser

n3wb
Reaction score
So after all of the back and forth, and having BI set in my router prior to Win 10, I noticed the port was in correct. I deleted the BI server from router exceptions and added a new BI server with the correct port, and works just find.

Thanks for all of the reply's.