After V5 upgrade, no more full hour clips

strathglass

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just upgraded to version 5 and so far have noticed only a couple issues.
One is the old clips from before upgrade no longer show up: not really an issue, I don't need anything from that period (about 2 weeks for my system).

The bigger issue is this: I had V4 configured to record 1 hour clips for all cameras.
Now in the Clips viewer (mostly accessed from web using UI3 or from IOS app): I only see a bunch of short (~20s to 2min) recordings, instead of getting a list of mostly just 1 hour clips starting on the hour.
I haven't checked the settings, is this something that can be fixed?

strathglass

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK thanks - that seems to be unchanged: video is set for continuous recording and "COMBINE OR CUT VIDEO EACH:" is checked and has the same 1 hr/4GB settings as before.
I sent an email to blueiris support...will advise!

strathglass

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Right: I have selected the leftmost little top left icon "ALL CLIPS", yet still no hour long recordings that start on the hour, as I had before ... just a whole bunch of short clips!

2020-05-23 18_13_40-Blue Iris.png

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Look in your storage area and see if all of the files there are really under 10 MB as shown.
These are obviously just alerts even though your setting seems right.

strathglass

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Biggest files are on the order of 130MB for 2 minute BVR clips from a higher resolution camera.

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You are either not actually recording continuous or you are using different folders than you think.
Ctrl-S (blue iris settings) > Clips and Archiving tab > recheck all of your storage folder locations
If you are actually recording continuous you will also have a clip icon on the bottom right of your screen.

strathglass

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You are Blue Iris is either not actually recording continuous or you are using different folders than you think.
Ctrl-S (blue iris settings) > Clips and Archiving tab > recheck all of your storage folder locations
If you are actually recording continuous you will also have a clip icon on the bottom right of your screen.
Fixed that for you! :)
I double checked and the folder settings were not changed for any of the defined storage areas (Storage, Alerts, and New IIRC).
(Didn't see a clip icon at bottom right: might have been there - several icons, but no clue nor indication what they are for...don't seem to do anything and no hover tip.)

One thought is that the new version wasn't doing anything with the old clips, so maybe that was causing a space issue (normally runs essentially full and just deletes old files as required):
I am manually deleting old files now...will check again in the AM.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fixed that for you! :)
I double checked and the folder settings were not changed for any of the defined storage areas (Storage, Alerts, and New IIRC).
(Didn't see a clip icon at bottom right: might have been there - several icons, but no clue nor indication what they are for...don't seem to do anything and no hover tip.)

One thought is that the new version wasn't doing anything with the old clips, so maybe that was causing a space issue (normally runs essentially full and just deletes old files as required):
I am manually deleting old files now...will check again in the AM.
No need to delete the clips. Delete the database folder and restart blue iris

strathglass

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No need to delete the clips. Delete the database folder and restart blue iris
Wait ... was about to try your idea but I think I've fixed it with the deleting of the old files (or else crossing midnight did it!).
Now I see the cameras are all recoding clips that are still going after 15 minutes from the top of the hour (midnight)!

Will check again in the morning, but I am presuming it was a space issue and new install wasn't taking ownership of the old V4 clips and hence wasn't deleting them for some reason - manually deleting the old clips seems to have worked.

strathglass

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Good intentions always appreciated, just correcting an error.
I can confirm the problem is fixed: since I deleted the old clips I am now getting full one hour clips in alignment with the configuration.
Thanks for all the tips!